Skate Skiing in NY

Old February 7th 13, 12:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
kddonath

Default Skate Skiing in NY

I'm trying to make a list of all the places that groom for skate skiing in NY for people just starting out - help me out. Here's what I know:

Highland Forest, Fabius
Mt. VanHoe, Lake Placid
Greek Peak: 2000 New York 392, Cortland, NY 13045
Garnett Hill: 39 Garnet Hill Rd, North River, NY 12856
Saratoga Biathlon Club, Day NY
Bristol Mt: Bristol Mountain, 5662 Route 64, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Old February 7th 13, 01:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_4_]

On 2/6/2013 7:29 PM, kddonath wrote:
I'm trying to make a list of all the places that groom for skate skiing in NY for people just starting out - help me out. Here's what I know:

Highland Forest, Fabius
Mt. VanHoe, Lake Placid
Greek Peak: 2000 New York 392, Cortland, NY 13045
Garnett Hill: 39 Garnet Hill Rd, North River, NY 12856
Saratoga Biathlon Club, Day NY
Bristol Mt: Bristol Mountain, 5662 Route 64, Canandaigua, NY 14424

Practically any place that grooms should, but maybe not all the trails.
But if you really love xc then you ski classic and all the hiking trails
open up to you !

For sure;
Harriet Hollister Rec.Area

Monroe County Parks;
Mendon Ponds Park
Webster Park
Durand-Eastman Park

Byrncliff http://www.byrncliff.com/winter/index.php
Art Roscoe Ski (Allegeny State Park)(probably)
Winona Forest (some)
Osceola Tug Hill XC
Lapland Lake

Old February 7th 13, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Green Wood Park
153 Greenwood Road
Lisle, NY 13797
607.862.9933
Map

So far this season we had XC skiing for about a week until the warm spell mid-January.
The grooming for skate skiing at Greenwood is a bit better than what is done for classical. Trail fee $5/day
Old February 7th 13, 04:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Lapland Lake - http://www.laplandlake.com/
Old February 8th 13, 03:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Ben Kaufman

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:29:53 -0800 (PST), kddonath wrote:

I'm trying to make a list of all the places that groom for skate skiing in NY for people just starting out - help me out. Here's what I know:

Highland Forest, Fabius
Mt. VanHoe, Lake Placid
Greek Peak: 2000 New York 392, Cortland, NY 13045
Garnett Hill: 39 Garnet Hill Rd, North River, NY 12856
Saratoga Biathlon Club, Day NY
Bristol Mt: Bristol Mountain, 5662 Route 64, Canandaigua, NY 14424

Fahnestock Winter Park http://www.roberts-1.com/fwp/
Carmel, NY