WCSN Redux

Old December 10th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default WCSN Redux

The Saturday races were put up Sunday morning. Looking at the men's
race, the video quality hardly compares to Oskar's (HD?), or his
inclusion of other programming. WCSN is picking up the www.snowtime.com
broadcast, the latter being a part of the European Insport.com network.
Anyone know about either of them? Snowtime offers a subscription much
like WCSN's, but the rates are not posted, at least until a credit card
is entered. Insport doesn't have any offices in English speaking
countries, but the snowsport site does have an English version and the
(single) announcer was Brit, I believe. He's very good at European
names and seems to have prepared well from the crib sheets (and
listening to the stadium announcer for some pronunciations). He also
digs deep (voice) repeatedly and redundantly for dramatic effect, but
doesn't seem to know much about the sport or the WC circuit. The
broadcast picked up the common feed, as did NRK's, but I got the sense
that they cut the middle of the race out a bit compared to the
Norwegian broadcast. For those who don't have access to or want to
bother with downloading, or just like the familiarity of an English
speaking voice, WCSN offers seems made to fit. If they follow through.

rm
Old December 10th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
cpella

Do they have blackouts? I checked out WCSN but I found out that they
only have coverage for the ski races in the US. For some reason Canada
is blacked out. Does anybody know why?

Chris

Old December 10th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I think it's because they are US only. You might ask them. Maybe
snowtime.com can help out.

The Saturday women's race had a different announcer, who knew
something about the WC circuit, but not about the names or
about making things interesting. It was like he was literally and
figuratively sitting in a distant studio. Which he probably was.

Old December 14th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Someone forwarded me the WCSN schedule for Tour de Ski. SDD usually
means standard delivery date, in their case a one day delay it seems.
So maybe the others are 1 day plus, presumably posted by the times
listed (those don't correspond to actual race times). It's too bad we
can't get the Eurosport English broadcast. So, thanks Oskar, Terje and
everyone else who are helping No. America get high quality timely
postings!

WCSN
FIS Cross Country Tour de Ski
Prologue: W's 3km C
28-Dec-07 Nove Mesto Czech Republic SDD 17:00-18:00 EST

Prologue: M's 4.5km C
28-Dec-07 Nove Mesto Czech Republic SDD 18:00-19:00 EST

M's 15km F HSt
29-Dec-07 Nove Mesto Czech Republic 1-Day Delay 12:00-14:00 EST

M's & W's Sprint F
30-Dec-07 Prague Czech Republic SDD 18:00-20:00 EST

M's Pursuit 10+10
1-Jan-08 Oberstdorf Germany 1-Day Delay 13:00-15:00 EST

W's Pursuit 5+5
1-Jan-08 Oberstdorf Germany 1-Day Delay 16:00-18:00 EST

W's 10km C
2-Jan-08 Oberstdorf Germany 1-Day Delay 13:00-14:30 EST

M's 15km C
2-Jan-08 Oberstdorf Germany 1-Day Delay 15:00-17:00 EST

W's 10km F HSt
29-Dec-07 Nove Mesto Czech Republic 5-Day Delay 18:00-19:30 EST

M's & W's Sprint F
4-Jan-08 Asiago Italy SDD 13:00-15:00 EST

W's 10km C MS
5-Jan-08 Val di Fiemme Italy SDD 20:00-21:30 EST

M's 15km C MS
5-Jan-08 Val di Fiemme Italy SDD 21:30-23:00 EST

W's 10km F HSt
6-Jan-08 Val di Fiemme Italy 3-Day Delay 12:00-13:30 EST

M's 15km F HSt
6-Jan-08 Val di Fiemme Italy 3-Day Delay 13:30-15:00 EST
Old December 18th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

There is no racing from Oberstdorf in this Tour.
This is the latest programme
http://www.tour-de-ski.com/

WCSN Dave M-K Nordic Skiing 2 November 30th 07 04:24 AM
wcsn vs torrents 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 4 January 16th 07 03:54 PM
WCSN has Tour de Ski [email protected] Nordic Skiing 8 January 15th 07 11:13 PM
Stopping and Turning (redux) Gene Goldenfeld Nordic Skiing 5 December 11th 05 08:10 PM