experience with thorbjorn sports?

Old October 4th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default experience with thorbjorn sports?

torbjornsports.com - former Nodic Equipment - do they still exist? The
web site is running, however, I tried calling them 5 times on 5
different days, during business hours. Noone ever picked up; I left a
message every time I called, but none of the calls was returned. I was
looking to purchase PAL-SECAM versions of their technique videos.

Old October 4th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I bought the training manual from the website this spring and had no
problems. However I did not try by phone. Maybe try an email?

Old October 4th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

OK, will try email.

Old October 6th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

The owner of torbjornsports.com - former Nordic Equipment Inc., has a
trail of bankrupt businesses leaving suppliers and clients up in the
air. There is also a question raised in an older thread about the
copyright of some of the Olympic and World cup footage he has taped off
European TV, and selling it.

I never did get my money back from a large Nordic Equipment Inc
purchases

My two cents.

Nadia

Old October 6th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Talking about Torbjorn Karlsen or his ex partners? I think you
would have been burned by the latter, after Torbjorn sold out and his
role became more PR than real (2000-01 season?). Please specify
the thread about the videos. I thought he was getting them legit.

RM

Old October 6th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 6 Oct 2006 13:19:50 -0700, wrote:

http://www.torbjornsport.com

Handing over distribution rights of SOLDA wax and PRO SKI roller skis
to Web Skis http://www.webskis.com/home.php, so it seems he is phasing
out of retail nordic sales. It looks as though he will be
concentrating on coaching/training consultation. I think he runs
Faster Skier news, to give us Norwegian VO2 max updates, etc :
http://www.fasterskier.com/

OMG, does that mean no more Wax Maestro?

Ahh, I see it at the Torbjornsport site for now, but what of the
future?
--
JT
Old October 12th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

well, I don't know about the copyright issues of their vidoes, but
contacting them through email worked just fine, and I got my stuff
shipped. I hope the FBI won't get me.