A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Ending the "Shutdown"

Old October 9th 13, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Ending the "Shutdown"

Shutdown in quotes because apparently illegal aliens are exempted from closures that the rest of us face.

But don't you think that if bho and family would just sign up for bhocare and actually use it in a verifiable manner that this would go away? There is the demand that individuals get the same treatment as big business and unions and have implementation delayed for one year. But that's it. I think that bho going on and using the plan would be a good compromise. Is there something wrong with that?
Ads
Old October 9th 13, 03:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:46:21 AM UTC-6, pigo wrote:
Shutdown in quotes because apparently illegal aliens are exempted from closures that the rest of us face.

But don't you think that if bho and family would just sign up for bhocare and actually use it in a verifiable manner that this would go away? There is the demand that individuals get the same treatment as big business and unions and have implementation delayed for one year. But that's it. I think that bho going on and using the plan would be a good compromise. Is there something wrong with that?

And while we're at it maybe one of you libtards can 'splain why it was a good idea for Senator hussein to vote against raising the debt limit but a bad idea not to raise it now when it has more than doubled in 5 years under president hussein?

Old October 10th 13, 12:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:44:27 AM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

Why do you think the debt has doubled in the past five years?

I know that unemployment and disability claims and duration are WAAAAAAAYYYYY up under this regime. The entitlements in general are way up. The figure I've heard is that a single mother (breeder cow) is living on the equivalent of a $60k per year job.

But that didn't really answer my question.

Old October 10th 13, 12:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:34:15 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

I know that if you are going to be a trunky like slug, you should not be getting a free cell phone and subsidized food so you could pay cash for your tattoos.

I know that if you have kids that you cannot afford your life should suck. I shouldn't pay for them.

Obviously you are as hypocritical as Hussein. All in favor then but not now. Won't enroll for husseincare himself. That really does say it all.

Old October 10th 13, 01:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:01:57 PM UTC-6, comadrejo wrote:

So I can assume that you have no argument for Hussein voting against then but against it now? Express the reason plainly.

You don't think Hussein and congress should live with bhocare? Just say why or why not.

You approve of Hussein spending more than every President before him combined? Just say why that's ok. I think that President Bush spent too much. I can say that. But you can't say that of your boy?

Old October 11th 13, 02:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 11, 2013 7:52:50 AM UTC-6, wrote:

I had heard about this article. But that it was bogus and put out there to ensnare those doing a quick scan of news/headlines/whatever. A ploy comparable to a phishing attack. A common "progressive" tactic.

I understood it to be that hussein had ok'd the money as the use of government money in an executive order situation or one similar to the granting of the illegal aliens permission to use the National Mall while WWII Veterans were blockaded from their own memorial.

I saw a headline the other day: "Conservative Arrested in Underage Sex Scandal" or something to that effect. Reading the article it was explained that it was from the UK. In the UK I'm pretty sure that "The Conservatives" are their liberals, and "Labour" are their Conservatives in US terms. But don't let that get in the way of a good headline!

Old October 11th 13, 03:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:19:42 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

You pulled that one right out of some right wing ass. Unemployment is down compared to the Bush regime

Try this URL, trunky:

http://www.google.com/#q=us+unemployment+rate

According to the graphic shown at the top of the search results, the US unemployment was near 5% at the end of the Bush administration, and near 10% two years later. It's still a few points above the closing Bush administration unemployment rate.

And this does not include the discouraged workers who've left the job market, nor the employed workers who've been reduced from 40 or more hours a week to less than 30 hours a week.

See also:

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

See also:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate This one lets you change the years displayed.

This link shows multi-decade trends and different measures of unemployment:

http://marketrealist.com/2013/10/us-series-part-7-the-official-versus-real-unemployment-rate-u-3-versus-u-6/

In case google munges that link, try
http://tinyurl.com/mps8v5y

Next time, do your research before you open your mouth and insert your size-16 bromidrosis factory.
Old October 11th 13, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 11, 2013 8:57:35 AM UTC-6, pigo wrote:
On Friday, October 11, 2013 7:52:50 AM UTC-6, wrote:

I had heard about this article. But that it was bogus and put out there to ensnare those doing a quick scan of news/headlines/whatever. A ploy comparable to a phishing attack. A common "progressive" tactic.

It was on a satire news site like the onion. But that didn't stop Fox News from picking it up and reporting it as fact. Just thought you might like to know how crappy your favorite news source is.
Old October 11th 13, 03:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 11, 2013 9:45:00 AM UTC-6, wrote:

It was on a satire news site like the onion. But that didn't stop Fox News from picking it up and reporting it as fact. Just thought you might like to know how crappy your favorite news source is.

I think what you mean to say is that a weekend morning show "personality" refered to it during a discussion. **** happens. You try to give it the same level of deception as Dan Rather reporting on whatever that bogus story was that he got fired for, or the NBC editing of audio to make 911 calls present the exact opposite impression of reality that what really was the case.

And this week it's come to the attention of those that care that your dear leader's approval rating is 38%. At a time when President Bush's rating reached 37%, Wolf Blitzer couldn't say it enough. Something like 40+ times in a 3 hour period. But absolutely nothing now. Curious, don't you think?
Old October 11th 13, 04:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 11, 2013 9:53:03 AM UTC-6, pigo wrote:
On Friday, October 11, 2013 9:45:00 AM UTC-6, wrote:

I think what you mean to say is that a weekend morning show "personality" refered to it during a discussion. **** happens. You try to give it the same level of deception as Dan Rather reporting on whatever that bogus story was that he got fired for, or the NBC editing of audio to make 911 calls present the exact opposite impression of reality that what really was the case.

And this week it's come to the attention of those that care that your dear leader's approval rating is 38%. At a time when President Bush's rating reached 37%, Wolf Blitzer couldn't say it enough. Something like 40+ times in a 3 hour period. But absolutely nothing now. Curious, don't you think?

I'm not giving it any level of deception. It's on the stupidity scale. And Dan Rather rightly got fired. Anna Kooiman still works for Fox. On that same webpage, there was an article about the IRS targeting leprechauns. You can make excuses for stupid all you want but how does someone that dumb even get a job at Fox News? Oh right it's Fox.

And I don't care what Wolf says or doesn't say. CNN stopped being a news channel long ago. All they care about now is who is the latest hot white girl in trouble or Miley Cyrus twerking. None of that is news.