help! I'm abusing my quads!

Old January 13th 05, 03:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-13, ant penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-01-12, ant penned:

mary Jane at Winter Park? nice gentle terrain, nothing gnarly. If you want
more groomers, then WP is just over the hill.

Obviously your definition of gnarly differs from mine =P

I did my level II exam at mary jane, and the group spent a lot of time
searching for appropriate bumps for the bumps segment. Seemed like a pretty
nice, blue easy-black sort of place.

Um.

For some reason the winter park website won't work for me right now, but
everything I recall is that MJ (at least the fun part) is primarily black and
is known for its challenging bumps. There is a blue groomer that loops around
to the lift called Corona or something ...

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 13th 05, 03:05 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-13, ant penned:

I tend to get too far forward, so while the snow's been soft, I've just left
the top buckle flopping. And if cruising a bit, I undo the ankle buckle
also. At home we often make training runs with every buckle AND the power
strap totally undone, but apparently it's not allowed over there.

Not allowed? By whom, over where?

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 13th 05, 08:45 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-12, Bruno Melli penned:

Here's one: Notice the hands in front, pole ready for the next bump, looking
forward...

Er, no. All I see is a big spray of powder!

Okay, I think if I force myself, I can see the stuff you're talking about.

http://www.digis.net/~mellib/favski/ski3.jpg

And give credit where credit is due, this is a picture taken by our own
Mikey...

bruno.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 13th 05, 08:58 PM
Bruno Melli

In article ,
"Monique Y. Mudama" writes:
Okay, I think if I force myself, I can see the stuff you're talking about.

I forgot what I was talking about. This picture was just a "bite me'
invitation. It really had nothing to do with the stance discussion...

bruno.

Old January 13th 05, 09:20 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-13, Bruno Melli penned:
In article , "Monique Y. Mudama"
writes:
Okay, I think if I force myself, I can see the stuff you're talking about.

I forgot what I was talking about. This picture was just a "bite me'
invitation. It really had nothing to do with the stance discussion...

Good. That's what I thought, but the words surrounding the link sounded so
*sincere*!

You really must work on that. Say something like, "I sincerely invite you to
bite me. Hey, neat, powder!"

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old January 13th 05, 09:42 PM
Chester Bullock

On 2005-01-13, Bruno Melli penned:
I forgot what I was talking about. This picture was just a "bite me'
invitation. It really had nothing to do with the stance discussion...

Good. That's what I thought, but the words surrounding the link sounded so
*sincere*!

You really must work on that. Say something like, "I sincerely invite you to
bite me. Hey, neat, powder!"

Don't encourage him, he'll start saying it in French or something...

----------------------
Chester Bullock,
Colorado Mountain Cams, Snow Conditions, Opinionated Reports
http://www.black-diamond.com
AIM: tenxible YahooIM: ccb247

Old January 13th 05, 11:28 PM
Bruno Melli

In article ,
"Monique Y. Mudama" writes:
Good. That's what I thought, but the words surrounding the link sounded so
*sincere*!

Which makes it a good troll, no ?

bruno.

Old January 20th 05, 06:43 AM
ant

On 2005-01-13, ant penned:
On 2005-01-12, ant penned:

mary Jane at Winter Park? nice gentle terrain, nothing gnarly. If you
want
more groomers, then WP is just over the hill.

Obviously your definition of gnarly differs from mine =P

I did my level II exam at mary jane, and the group spent a lot of time
searching for appropriate bumps for the bumps segment. Seemed like a
pretty
nice, blue easy-black sort of place.

Um.

For some reason the winter park website won't work for me right now, but
everything I recall is that MJ (at least the fun part) is primarily black
and
is known for its challenging bumps. There is a blue groomer that loops
around
to the lift called Corona or something ...

Um.

What they put on trail maps does not necessarily reflect reality. Great for
peoples' egos though. I did not think MJ was a difficult area. It was nice,
there was some fun stuff there, but I wouldn't call it difficult. If it was
iced up, possibly.

We searched for appropriate bumps because what we found didn't really come
under what we considered "black" bumps. Mind you, we'd have been very happy
to do our exam on what we found, but the examiner felt we should do actual
black level ones.
We all came from other ski areas.

ant