Schladming opinions - for a better skier ?

Old October 12th 03, 03:45 PM
Jim Hutton

Default Schladming opinions - for a better skier ?

Has anyone any comments on Schladming as a resort for a better skier. My
(rather old) resort guides seem to suggest that there isn't much in the way
of blacks & beyond, but the Schladming website & other refs seem to suggest
much new lift building since then. Has this accessed some more challenging
areas or just made it even more intermediate ?

Thanks for any info.

Jim Hutton

Old October 12th 03, 09:14 PM
Alex Heney

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:45:10 +0100, "Jim Hutton"
wrote:

Has anyone any comments on Schladming as a resort for a better skier. My
(rather old) resort guides seem to suggest that there isn't much in the way
of blacks & beyond, but the Schladming website & other refs seem to suggest
much new lift building since then. Has this accessed some more challenging
areas or just made it even more intermediate ?

I was last there three years ago. At that time, there certainly was
not very much for more advanced skiers, with just one or two blacks on
each of the mountains, and very little off-piste available. For me at
the time, as an early intermediate skier, it was superb. But by the
end of the week, I could ski any of the blacks.

Having just had a look at the current panorama map,
http://www.4berge.at/ three do not seem to be any additional black
runs, except maybe one at the top of the Huaser-Kaibling mountain.

Most of the new lifts seem to be extra links between the mountains, or
just upgrades of existing lifts.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old October 13th 03, 07:42 AM
Enotrio Pallanzo

snip

I like this ski-area (and its beer: Schladminger).

much new lift building since then. Has this accessed some more

challenging
areas or just made it even more intermediate ?

The second you said.

Will you like it ? It depends on how long you are going to stay there.

For a 3-4 days vacation and if there is snow enough to link all the slopes
you are going to enjoy it a lot, though there are no real hard tracks.

Planai and Hochwurzen are the ones I like more.

Have fun.

Enotrio