Attempting a Historic 1st tomorrow! -- a 36-mile hilly trail

Old January 30th 09, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default Attempting a Historic 1st tomorrow! -- a 36-mile hilly trail

I'm going to try to ski the Whole Big Famous Waterloo-Pinckney Trail
tomorrow with Tim Feldkamp. 36 gorgeous hilly ungroomed downstate
miles. It's never been done before that we know of. Steady + Pizza =
Possible. Wish us luck! : ) --JP outyourbackdoor.com
Old January 30th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eddy Rapid

On Jan 30, 12:39*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I'm going to try to ski the Whole Big Famous Waterloo-Pinckney Trail
tomorrow with Tim Feldkamp. 36 gorgeous hilly ungroomed downstate
miles. It's never been done before that we know of. Steady + Pizza =
Possible. Wish us luck! *: ) *--JP outyourbackdoor.com

Good luck, Jeff. Post a report.

Here's one we did a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.momtahan.com/firetower2009/

Backyard adventures are cheap, but don't have to be easy, though
perhaps not quite as prestigious in terms of bragging rights as
jumping in planes and going to far off placecs ;-)

Parham.

Old February 1st 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Well, we did it! 10 hours. 5 pizza slices and 4 liters of drink. About
50 hills, including 20 herringbone/sidesteppers, 5 hike-ups. 2 hours
of trailbreaking. A perfect day! Dawn to dusk. Pic of finish at
http://outyourbackdoor.com/images200...terloo.med.jpg ---JP
Old February 1st 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eddy Rapid

Way to go! I assume you didn't ski THAT in jeans and t-shirts, did
ya? ;-)

http://outyourbackdoor.com/images200...oo.ski.med.jpg

Parham.

of trailbreaking. A perfect day! Dawn to dusk. Pic of finish athttp://outyourbackdoor.com/images2009/jp.tim.waterloo.med.jpg---JP

Old February 4th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

On Feb 1, 9:32*am, Eddy Rapid wrote:
Way to go! I assume you didn't ski THAT in jeans and t-shirts, did
ya? ;-)

http://outyourbackdoor.com/images200...oo.ski.med.jpg

Sadly, I did use jeans. They got a bit damp but weren't bad. Only got
damp due to the crashes. On top I had layers of wool. I need some wool
trousers. Or I need to dial in my wool knickers better.