Apres Ski / Bars in Val dŽIseres?

Old January 31st 04, 05:59 PM
Frank Hesse

Default Apres Ski / Bars in Val dŽIseres?

We go to Val dŽIseres in March for one week and our appartment seems
to be in the centre of the village
(http://www.alpina-lodge.com/gbindexfr.php). Do you have any apres ski
tips, bar and restaurant recommendations for Val d`Iseres? I know Val
dŽIseres just from day trips...never stayed there for a night.

Thanks
Frank
Old February 1st 04, 12:06 PM
Alf

hi !

just came back from val d'iseres yesterday , and i have a very special
hot nightlife advice for you ! its really like heaven and paradise in
once - like a never ending dream ! its a sort of mix of an apres-bar
and a night-club . good music , good drinks - believe me , i have come
around a lot , but never in my whole life i have seen such a great
number of long - leged birds and ski-bunnys . the club is called
FUNHOUSE and is something like a quiet tip . its located just beside
Dicks T Bar , go downstairs in the cellar - there is just written a
red F on the door ...

forget skiing - viva funhouse !

alf

(

Old February 1st 04, 02:18 PM
Hog

Alf wrote:
hi !

just came back from val d'iseres yesterday , and i have a very special
hot nightlife advice for you ! its really like heaven and paradise in
once - like a never ending dream ! its a sort of mix of an apres-bar
and a night-club . good music , good drinks - believe me , i have come
around a lot , but never in my whole life i have seen such a great
number of long - leged birds and ski-bunnys . the club is called
FUNHOUSE and is something like a quiet tip . its located just beside
Dicks T Bar , go downstairs in the cellar - there is just written a
red F on the door ...

forget skiing - viva funhouse !

For how long did the Gendarmes keep you in the cells then?

--
Hog

Old February 1st 04, 03:58 PM
Crosbie Fitch

"Frank Hesse" wrote in message
om...
Do you have any apres ski
tips, bar and restaurant recommendations for Val d`Iseres?

The lounge in Hotel Le Blizzard is the most relaxing place to chill out.
Comfy sofas. Oak beams everywhere. Quiet. Waiter service. Class!

Old February 4th 04, 08:29 PM
Tommy Petersson

(Frank Hesse) wrote in message
. com...
We go to Val dŽIseres in March for one week and our appartment seems
to be in the centre of the village
(
http://www.alpina-lodge.com/gbindexfr.php). Do you have any apres
ski tips, bar and restaurant recommendations for Val d`Iseres? I know
Val dŽIseres just from day trips...never stayed there for a night.

Thanks
Frank

Well, if there's still karaoke in Morris Pub then stay away from that. It
was a pretty nice place before that, though somewhat crowded.

/Tommy P.
Old February 5th 04, 07:21 AM
Ace

On 4 Feb 2004 21:29:32 GMT, Tommy Petersson wrote:

(Frank Hesse) wrote in message
. com...
We go to Val dŽIseres in March for one week and our appartment seems
to be in the centre of the village
(
http://www.alpina-lodge.com/gbindexfr.php). Do you have any apres
ski tips, bar and restaurant recommendations for Val d`Iseres? I know
Val dŽIseres just from day trips...never stayed there for a night.

Thanks
Frank

Well, if there's still karaoke in Morris Pub then stay away from that. It
was a pretty nice place before that, though somewhat crowded.

Didn't notice any there last year, although I was only there for a
week. They did have a decent live band on at least one night,
though...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old February 5th 04, 11:27 PM
Tommy Petersson

Ace wrote in
:

On 4 Feb 2004 21:29:32 GMT, Tommy Petersson wrote:

(Frank Hesse) wrote in message
. com...
We go to Val dŽIseres in March for one week and our appartment
seems to be in the centre of the village
(
http://www.alpina-lodge.com/gbindexfr.php). Do you have any apres
ski tips, bar and restaurant recommendations for Val d`Iseres? I
know Val dŽIseres just from day trips...never stayed there for a
night.

Thanks
Frank

Well, if there's still karaoke in Morris Pub then stay away from that.
It was a pretty nice place before that, though somewhat crowded.

Didn't notice any there last year, although I was only there for a
week. They did have a decent live band on at least one night,
though...

Sounds much better. Maybe I'll be there next week. I have taken the
standard "Surprise Me" charter... I know it's SAS Stockholm-Geneve, then an
apartment somewhere in France. Highest chance is that I end up in Avoriaz -
but it may also be Val d'Isère, Val Thoréns or Chamonix. With the projected
weather maybe Val Thorens would be the best, Val d'Isère second best.

(No, I'm not a fan of Chamonix...)

/Tommy P.

Old February 8th 04, 04:32 PM
C.O.Jones

On 31 Jan 2004 10:59:45 -0800, (Frank Hesse) wrote:

We go to Val dŽIseres in March for one week and our appartment seems
to be in the centre of the village
(
http://www.alpina-lodge.com/gbindexfr.php). Do you have any apres ski
tips, bar and restaurant recommendations for Val d`Iseres? I know Val
dŽIseres just from day trips...never stayed there for a night.

The Moris is good and pleasantly raucous with predominantly
UK/Dutch/Scandinavian punters. Happy hours 4 til 6 with live music
most nights (Mike Hayward, various bands) then an evening set from
10:30 until late. The toffee vodka is entertaining...

ernest