looking at Jasper

Old October 25th 05, 07:54 AM
P.B.Riley-Jordan

Default looking at Jasper

Hi!

I am thinking of a trip to Jasper, staying at the Jasper Park Lodge.

A few questions please:

1. best time to go. I am thinking of late Feb/March, what might conditions
be???

2. the lodge is 45 mins walk to town. Is this an easy walk? or is there a
shuttle bus like that in Banff that loops around town???

--

Peter

Old October 25th 05, 08:29 AM
Alex Heney

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:54:45 +0100, "P.B.Riley-Jordan"
wrote:

Hi!

I am thinking of a trip to Jasper, staying at the Jasper Park Lodge.

A few questions please:

1. best time to go. I am thinking of late Feb/March, what might conditions
be???

Likely to be pretty good. Unless you are very unlucky, the snow will
be about at its best at that time of year.

Temperatures can vary widely - when we were there during the second
week of March, daytime temperatures at the base of the ski area never
got above -20 Centigrade, but I believe that was exceptionally low for
the time of year. More normal would be around -10C

2. the lodge is 45 mins walk to town. Is this an easy walk? or is there a
shuttle bus like that in Banff that loops around town???

It isn't particularly hard, but isn't generally recommended due to
conditions.

We used a taxi when I was there.

There is a bus from the hotel to the ski area, but you have to pay
separately for it (i.e. it isn't included in the lift pass cost).
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
As easy as 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716
Old October 25th 05, 01:47 PM
stuart

P.B.Riley-Jordan wrote in message
Hi!

I am thinking of a trip to Jasper, staying at the Jasper Park Lodge.

A few questions please:

1. best time to go. I am thinking of late Feb/March, what might conditions
be???

2. the lodge is 45 mins walk to town. Is this an easy walk? or is there a
shuttle bus like that in Banff that loops around town???

--

Peter

We generally get our best snow March/April. You can walk to Jasper from JPL,
Dunno about the 45 mins, I think its a bit shorter, and there are probably
two ways to go. You have to cross the river, and the rail tracks.

Old November 3rd 05, 09:39 AM
Arsie

Hi Peter,
I have been to Jasper about 12 times, actually lost count.
Its a funny place I have been there in early december and some of the best
snow I have ever had I mean real deep.
Generally though I have gone in the last two weeks on January, snow is good
then and if your lucky a couple of dumps too.
The mountain is about 20 -25 mins from the town and JPL is about another
5 -10 mins from town.

In all its a great mountain, no crowds good snow and the best people I have
ever met on a mountain. Ski school also the best I have ever encountered.

If you go say hello for me to John, Izzy, and the rest of the ski school not
been there for three years and miss it.

Regards
Ricky

Old November 3rd 05, 07:54 PM
stuart

"Arsie" wrote in message
Hi Peter,
I have been to Jasper about 12 times, actually lost count.
Its a funny place I have been there in early december and some of the best
snow I have ever had I mean real deep.
Generally though I have gone in the last two weeks on January, snow is
good then and if your lucky a couple of dumps too.
The mountain is about 20 -25 mins from the town and JPL is about another
5 -10 mins from town.

In all its a great mountain, no crowds good snow and the best people I
have ever met on a mountain. Ski school also the best I have ever
encountered.

If you go say hello for me to John, Izzy, and the rest of the ski school
not been there for three years and miss it.

Regards
Ricky

I'm Stuart. Peter was the original guy. Dunno if you know, they named a run
after Izzy, called "Izzy's Everglades" I ski with her hubby Heinz now and
then....

Old November 4th 05, 07:22 AM
P.B.Riley-Jordan

Thanks for the information guys, I will be making a decision soon........

Peter