Boarding in Europe? Where is best and cheapest November?

Old September 16th 04, 07:28 PM
Rob

Default Boarding in Europe? Where is best and cheapest November?

I'm looking at doing a boarding trip to Europe, I am currently in
London and keen as to go for November 2004 for around 7 days, anybody
got any ideas??

Cheers
Rob
Old September 17th 04, 02:42 PM
Martin

Johannes wrote:

Davos Jakobshorn start Nov 13. and Parsenn Nov 27.
Samnaun(CH) / Ischgl(A) start Nov 26.

...if there is enough snow! As I recall, there is no glacier there.

Resorts with Glacier Austria:
Pitztaler Gletscher, Hintertuxer Gletscher, Sölden, Kraunertaler
Gletscher

and Stubaitaler Gletscher, which is the closest to Innsbruck.

Martin
Old September 17th 04, 06:14 PM
Mike Watson

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:38:28 +0200, Johannes
wrote:

Resorts with Glacier Austria:
Pitztaler Gletscher, Hintertuxer Gletscher, Sölden, Kraunertaler
Gletscher

I went here last week for a day. I guess it was ok but a few too many
drag lifts for my liking and very icy in places....
Stunning location though and well worth telling people you were
boarding last week on returning to work.
Old September 17th 04, 07:34 PM
Johannes

HI

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:42:06 +0000 (UTC), Martin
wrote:

Johannes wrote:

Davos Jakobshorn start Nov 13. and Parsenn Nov 27.
Samnaun(CH) / Ischgl(A) start Nov 26.

..if there is enough snow! As I recall, there is no glacier there.

Wouldn't Davos/Jakobshorn say we start at November 13. if there is no
snow?
The point is. Davos Platz is 1540m but the base of the main area start
at 1831-2005m (Middle station Jakobshorn Godola / Calvadeler Alp Chair
lift)). 2nd they can cover 3 slopes with snow making.
If the Ski-way down is closed, you have shuttle with the Jakobshorn
Gondola or the Chair lift.
But i don't know, is the Half Pipe and the Terain Park open, so early.

Davos/Parsenn 2 slopes with snow making. Base of both lifts ~2200m

I don' know Samnaun/Ischgl, but what i see at the map
(http://www.samnaun.ch/winter/wi_panoramakarte.jsp) is the main area
high enaugh. So if the slopes down are closed, you have to shuttle.

Johannes
Old September 18th 04, 01:02 PM
Martin

Johannes wrote:

Wouldn't Davos/Jakobshorn say we start at November 13. if there is no
snow?

That's just their experience from the last years. If the winter is going to
be normal, yes, then they will start at that day (and we all hope that
*g*).

The point I tried to mention is just that if you go on a glacier at that
time of the season, you can be pretty sure to ride. You won't be sure at an
area where there are none.

Martin
Old September 18th 04, 06:58 PM
Johannes

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:02:25 +0000 (UTC), Martin
wrote:

Johannes wrote:

Wouldn't Davos/Jakobshorn say we start at November 13. if there is no
snow?

That's just their experience from the last years. If the winter is going to
be normal, yes, then they will start at that day (and we all hope that
*g*).

The point I tried to mention is just that if you go on a glacier at that
time of the season, you can be pretty sure to ride. You won't be sure at an
area where there are none.

Imho rubbish. They would only one time fool the People Sorry we can't
open no snow.
After that, they got a bad reputation. And the People wouldn't come
again. So if they can't open at minimum 1 run they wouldn't say we
open at this date.

Johannees
Old September 19th 04, 02:12 PM
Martin

Johannes wrote:

Imho rubbish. They would only one time fool the People Sorry we can't
open no snow.
After that, they got a bad reputation. And the People wouldn't come
again. So if they can't open at minimum 1 run they wouldn't say we
open at this date.

They will sure not fool the people. If there is no snow, no one has to be
fooled. They then just will postpone the season opening. Believe it or not,
even ski resorts cannot predict the weather. EOT (at least for me).

Martin
Old October 10th 04, 01:10 AM
AbsolutSnowboard

Saas Fee!!! I've been there in November a couple times, it's not like
it is in winter but it would definitely be a fun trip. The Les
Diablerets glacier should have a good park that time of year too.