How were A-basin and Loveland this past weekend??????

Old October 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default How were A-basin and Loveland this past weekend??????

Someone must have skiied these last weekend, like Sam at Loveland and
Snoig at A-basin. How about some reports?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Old October 19th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Thanks for the info, now let's see if Sam has recovered from his first
day(s) enough to give us a first-hand report on Loveland.

Bob H

snoig wrote:
wrote:
Someone must have skiied these last weekend, like Sam at Loveland and
Snoig at A-basin. How about some reports?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Waiting in lines isn't for me. They were 45 minutes to an hour on both
Saturday and Sunday from what I've heard. I'd rather hike for 45
minutes and get fresh tracks. There's enough snow for that in a few
places around here. It's been snowing on and off for the last couple
of days and there's snow in the forecast for the next five days or so.
It's been pretty heavy and wet so it will be good for building up base.
We could get around a couple of feet out of this storm.

Talked to a snowmaker friend of mine today and he said Breck is
powering up on Thursday. That's because that's when they get a break
from Xcel energy, not because of the weather. Costs them something
like $30k just to flip the switch. Opening day for Breck is set for
the 10th but I wouldn't be suprised if they open earlier, looking at
the forecast.

If they open up the upper lifts at the Basin, I may head over there
this week but I'm not going to bother if all they have open is the Exo
lift.

snoig