Ski Area Food

Old February 18th 05, 08:25 PM
pigo

"VtSkier" wrote in message
pigo wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

(snip)

I REALLY hate walking down the street in Madrid and seeing a
MacDonalds. I very much prefer the sidewalk cafe where I can
get my *vino tinta* and have the gypsies try to beg money off
me "for the baby, no?"

Yeah. Me too. For that first few weeks anyway. But then, at some
point comes that time that you only have 1/2 hour, or you have to
get to work, or you just got home, and that MacDonalds looks
pretty ****in' good.

After you've been there a few weeks, you ought to know
how and where to get "fast food" that is indigenous. I
figured it out in several days. Street vendors are even
faster than MickyD's. Better food too.

Sometimes. And sometimes I go to MD's

Old February 18th 05, 08:41 PM
Dave Stallard

ant wrote:

Seems odd to me. Our minimum wage is a living wage, on which you can afford
a mortgage and a car and all those other things. Produce and meat and those
things cost the same in Oz for a kilo, as it costs for a pound here. there's
2.2 pounds per kilo.
I always expected that food would be cheaper here as it's a much larger
market, but it's not.

One thing you do have in the US is a lot of people who earn very very high
incomes. We have a few, but not many. However the majority make a
comfortable living (own their own house, widescreen TVs, 2 cars etc etc),
and the lowest paid earn enough to live a "normal" life.
I wonder if those high incomes skew the national figures for the US.

This is the more important point. The US does have more income
inequality than most countries, and many people in the lower tiers work
quite hard just to get by. But the government and political culture
don't seem interested in changing this. The attitude seems to be, it's
all their fault. There's a big issue for the Democrats here, but
they're just too stupid and incompetent to exploit it. Not to mention
elites themselves. Instead of tackling economic issues, they spend
their time on gay marriage, affirmative action, and abortion.

Dave
Old February 22nd 05, 08:04 PM
A. B. Normal

Harry Weiner wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:30:10 -0800, "Scott Abraham"
wrote this crap:

But then again, anyone who stalks in real life, who manipulates fellow
veterans to do violence at the risk of their health and sanity, who defames
and lies, who doesn't even have the balls to identify himself or spew his
**** in person, is obviously clueless anyway.

You calling yourself a veteran? You've admitted that you've never
been in the military.

He's told so many lies even HE can't keep them straight anymore. Or
maybe it's just one of his alternate personalities speaking.