Carving on flat boards

Old October 20th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

Default Carving on flat boards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender
Old October 20th 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old October 20th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 10:02 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

The spreads are generated by the twin-tips, and carving on twin-tips
is even more impressive, as the twin-tips doesn't hold the edges.

You were on a cat track.

Ahh... so?

snowbender

Old October 20th 11, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

If the ski is flat, the only way to generate sideways force is for the
tails not to follow the tips.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

The spreads are generated by the twin-tips, and carving on twin-tips
is even more impressive, as the twin-tips doesn't hold the edges.

More gobbledegook from the king!

You were on a cat track.

Ahh... so?

I can teach a beginner to carve on a cat track the first day they ski.

Old October 20th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 11:38 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

If the ski is flat, the only way to generate sideways force is for the
tails not to follow the tips.

That's your little knowledge, terminal L1; high level skiing/carving
uses the "bow" shape of the skis. Guess it's time for you to learn,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGaXRQ7l4Q
(random sample from youtube)

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

The spreads are generated by the twin-tips, and carving on twin-tips
is even more impressive, as the twin-tips doesn't hold the edges.

More gobbledegook from the king!

Anybody wanna bet how long this terminal L1 going to last before
turning into Mr. LOL?

You were on a cat track.

Ahh... so?

I can teach a beginner to carve on a cat track the first day they ski.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

snowbender

Old October 20th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

If the ski is flat, the only way to generate sideways force is for the
tails not to follow the tips.

That's your little knowledge, terminal L1; high level skiing/carving
uses the "bow" shape of the skis. Guess it's time for you to learn,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGaXRQ7l4Q
(random sample from youtube)

What piece of information to you think you're imparting here?

He shows precisely what I said:

"I'm on the edge and the skis are carving. In this turn, the skis are
skidding and it's not a carved turn". That turn shows the skis turned
sideways just as I said.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

The spreads are generated by the twin-tips, and carving on twin-tips
is even more impressive, as the twin-tips doesn't hold the edges.

More gobbledegook from the king!

Anybody wanna bet how long this terminal L1 going to last before
turning into Mr. LOL?

You were on a cat track.

Ahh... so?

I can teach a beginner to carve on a cat track the first day they ski.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

I can and have taught people to make carved turns in the first two hours
that they've ever been on skis. That is unusual for an absolute
beginner, I admit... ...but I've done it.

Old October 20th 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Alan Baker wrote:

I can teach a beginner to carve on a cat track the first day they ski.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

I can and have taught people to make carved turns in the first two hours
that they've ever been on skis. That is unusual for an absolute
beginner, I admit... ...but I've done it.

You need a MESL dictionary to realize he is right also the world is
shaped like a cube which explains loon2 aka snowfake view on physics and
dynamics.

can we fast forward on 30 or so yes/no argument e-mails?

thanks

Do they get books and novels in canada, & does TV still come to you on
betamax or have they started broadcasting in real time yet?
Old October 20th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 12:26 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

That's your little knowledge, terminal L1; high level skiing/carving
uses the "bow" shape of the skis. Guess it's time for you to learn,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGaXRQ7l4Q
(random sample from youtube)

What piece of information to you think you're imparting here?

He shows precisely what I said:

"I'm on the edge and the skis are carving. In this turn, the skis are
skidding and it's not a carved turn". That turn shows the skis turned
sideways just as I said.

Did you see that he pushed the ski to make "bow" out of the ski @1:14?
That's only reason that skis carve; edges only make the carving
"sharper." Flat board carving carves with the "bow" of the skis, so
you know only one way without knowing the other.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

I can and have taught people to make carved turns in the first two hours
that they've ever been on skis. That is unusual for an absolute
beginner, I admit... ...but I've done it.

No, in the first two hours, an "absolute beginner" would have no idea
what a "carving turn" is. And are you saying that you taught an
"absolute beginner" beginning with "carving turn"? What kind of
instructor are you? Nevertheless, your two-hour "absolute beginner"
was carving but mine isn't, way to go, terminal L1.

snowbender

Old October 20th 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

snowbender wrote:

That's your little knowledge, terminal L1; high level skiing/carving
uses the "bow" shape of the skis. Guess it's time for you to learn,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGaXRQ7l4Q
(random sample from youtube)

What piece of information to you think you're imparting here?

He shows precisely what I said:

"I'm on the edge and the skis are carving. In this turn, the skis are
skidding and it's not a carved turn". That turn shows the skis turned
sideways just as I said.

Did you see that he pushed the ski to make "bow" out of the ski @1:14?
That's only reason that skis carve; edges only make the carving
"sharper." Flat board carving carves with the "bow" of the skis, so
you know only one way without knowing the other.

No. Flatboarding skids. Period.

Day dreaming? Or psycho talks? You cannot even teach them to ski the
first day.

I can and have taught people to make carved turns in the first two hours
that they've ever been on skis. That is unusual for an absolute
beginner, I admit... ...but I've done it.

No, in the first two hours, an "absolute beginner" would have no idea
what a "carving turn" is. And are you saying that you taught an

That's why they need instruction.

"absolute beginner" beginning with "carving turn"? What kind of

No, I didn't say that at all. We ended with it.

instructor are you? Nevertheless, your two-hour "absolute beginner"
was carving but mine isn't, way to go, terminal L1.

That would be Level I INSTRUCTOR, which puts me several grades above you.

:-)

Old October 20th 11, 08:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Holy ****. An illiterate idiot taking cheap shots. RSA......

slolam/carving Norm Snowboarding 2 February 24th 06 04:01 PM
Length on carving ski Hallgeir Alpine Skiing 2 November 2nd 04 01:42 AM
Carving photos WeatherCam Snowboarding 4 January 8th 04 08:36 PM
Alpine/Carving/Slalom Boards Gregory Michael Snowboarding 8 December 20th 03 12:09 AM
Info Carving Ski ... help me ! Marco Alpine Skiing 4 November 1st 03 07:49 PM