Carving on flat boards

Old October 20th 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

Default Carving on flat boards

On Oct 20, 1:13 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
snowbender wrote:

Did you see that he pushed the ski to make "bow" out of the ski @1:14?
That's only reason that skis carve; edges only make the carving
"sharper." Flat board carving carves with the "bow" of the skis, so
you know only one way without knowing the other.

No. Flatboarding skids. Period.

That is only your little knowledge,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcDsmw13aC4

No, in the first two hours, an "absolute beginner" would have no idea
what a "carving turn" is. And are you saying that you taught an

That's why they need instruction.

No, it's a bad instruction.

"absolute beginner" beginning with "carving turn"? What kind of

No, I didn't say that at all. We ended with it.

Are you sure those were "carving turns"? Let's hear it, how did it go?

instructor are you? Nevertheless, your two-hour "absolute beginner"
was carving but mine isn't, way to go, terminal L1.

That would be Level I INSTRUCTOR, which puts me several grades above you.

:-)

Nevertheless, terminal L1.

snowbender

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

Old October 20th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Alan Baker wrote:

what a "carving turn" is. And are you saying that you taught an

That's why they need instruction.

"absolute beginner" beginning with "carving turn"? What kind of

No, I didn't say that at all. We ended with it.

instructor are you? Nevertheless, your two-hour "absolute beginner"
was carving but mine isn't, way to go, terminal L1.

That would be Level I INSTRUCTOR, which puts me several grades above you.

:-)

My first ski trip was a HS school class that the requirement was that
you had never skied before.
My first run down the hill I made turns went backwards did a small jump
and stopped on one foot in front of teacher that was calling me over. He
told me I had failed the course because I had to have skied before. My
response was they are just like ice skates and skated away.
We get back to school I get dragged before athletic director he yells I
say call my aunt. He stops yelling he will not call my aunt, I offer to
have her call him. I passed the course. We became friends. My aunt was
head of a local college chemistry dept she taught organic chemistry and
headed up pre med and feared by all. My high school class mates after 20
years still called her Dr Shields.

not that he will except any but his own lunatic rambling you will find
people outside the norm and you might learn something but after 3 years
we have all learned his ability to do that.
Old October 20th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 20, 2:11*pm, down_hill wrote:
Alan Baker wrote:
[...]

we have all learned his ability to do that.- Hide quoted text -

Now THAT is some serious lunatic rambling.

Old October 20th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Oct 20, 11:02*am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

*snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

You can carve on a flat ski in a straight line. Oh yeah, it would have
to be straight too. You cannot carve on a "flat ski" as it is known in
skiing. A "flat ski" is on it's base. No edge. No edge? No carve.
Old October 21st 11, 12:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

You can carve on a flat ski in a straight line. Oh yeah, it would have
to be straight too.

That would be straightlining, as there's no turning force evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOMaK3P4Ac

You cannot carve on a "flat ski" as it is known in
skiing. A "flat ski" is on it's base. No edge. No edge? No carve.

"That is only your little knowledge," narrow definition, narrow
technique.

"Tails follow Tips," I called this carving,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtP68BDeEo4

snowbender
Old October 21st 11, 01:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

*snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

You can carve on a flat ski in a straight line. Oh yeah, it would have
to be straight too.

That would be straightlining, as there's no turning force evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOMaK3P4Ac

You cannot carve on a "flat ski" as it is known in
skiing. A "flat ski" is on it's base. No edge. No edge? No carve.

"That is only your little knowledge," narrow definition, narrow
technique.

"Tails follow Tips," I called this carving,

Ah, yes, the famous straight-line carve, followed by the skidded turn.
Old October 21st 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Oct 20, 6:33 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

snowbender wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27_G1flNcM

enjoy it,
snowbender

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

If you're carving, you wouldn't have thrown up that spray of snow as you
pass the camera.

You were on a cat track.

You can carve on a flat ski in a straight line. Oh yeah, it would have
to be straight too.

That would be straightlining, as there's no turning force evolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOMaK3P4Ac

You cannot carve on a "flat ski" as it is known in
skiing. A "flat ski" is on it's base. No edge. No edge? No carve.

"That is only your little knowledge," narrow definition, narrow
technique.

"Tails follow Tips," I called this carving,

Ah, yes, the famous straight-line carve, followed by the skidded turn.

That is only to say that you don't know what a "slipped turn" is, so
you too only know one way without knowing the other. Small domain
makes small knowledge.

snowbender
Old October 21st 11, 04:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:34:44 AM UTC-7, snowbender wrote:

If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

Actually this is a simple matter of physics (again), and you have failed. Alan is 100% right. But, your monstrous ego will of course require you to say that you know better then what most stoned-out college freshmen in a physics 101 course can very easily master. This should be common sense to you, TaiCheese.
Old October 21st 11, 04:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:01:18 PM UTC-7, snowbender wrote:
I called this carving,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtP68BDeEo4

You called it wrong.
Old October 21st 11, 04:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Oct 20, 9:40*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:34:44 AM UTC-7, snowbender wrote:
If you're carving, the boards aren't flat.

Carving: "Tails follow Tips," which has nothing to do with the boards
are flat or not.

Actually this is a simple matter of physics (again), and you have failed. *Alan is 100% right. *But, your monstrous ego will of course require you to say that you know better then what most stoned-out college freshmen in a physics 101 course can very easily master. This should be common sense to you, TaiCheese.

Granted, Ichie is weird, but at least he isn't a lying piece of ****
stalking coward. Like Baker and Chris Henrikson. IDAHO PUSSY
PARTY!!!! WHISTLER!!!!!

slolam/carving Norm Snowboarding 2 February 24th 06 04:01 PM
Length on carving ski Hallgeir Alpine Skiing 2 November 2nd 04 01:42 AM
Carving photos WeatherCam Snowboarding 4 January 8th 04 08:36 PM
Alpine/Carving/Slalom Boards Gregory Michael Snowboarding 8 December 20th 03 12:09 AM
Info Carving Ski ... help me ! Marco Alpine Skiing 4 November 1st 03 07:49 PM