Conditions in Tignes/Val d'Isère

Old January 24th 05, 08:34 AM
Francis Macomber

Default Conditions in Tignes/Val d'Isère

Hi!

Has anyone got firsthand information about the conditions in Tignes?
I'm going there feb 05.

I found www.skiinfo.com, but the page was very slow. Any better
homepages?

Thanks!

Francis M
Old January 24th 05, 08:38 AM
Ace

On 24 Jan 2005 01:34:43 -0800, (Francis
Macomber) wrote:

Hi!

Has anyone got firsthand information about the conditions in Tignes?
I'm going there feb 05.

I found
www.skiinfo.com, but the page was very slow. Any better
homepages?

See my sig. Reports from Val and Tignes are updated daily by the rep
in resort.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 24th 05, 01:56 PM
Greg Hilton

http://www.alpineexperience.com/news.html

Old January 24th 05, 09:09 PM
pete devlin

In message , Francis
Macomber writes

Howzabout www.tignes.net or www.valdisere.com ?
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old January 25th 05, 09:58 AM
AC

Hi,

On Saturday 22nd when I left Val D'Isere it had been snowing for 2 days and
showed little sign of stopping. The ski conditions were awesome though the
light over the last couple of days was very flat.

Another good site for conditions in Val D'Isere is http://www.valdisere.com/

Have a great time.

Regards

AC

Old January 27th 05, 07:08 PM
C.O.Jones

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:38:03 +0100, Ace wrote:

See my sig. Reports from Val and Tignes are updated daily by the rep
in resort.

But sadly for us cheapskates the rep reports are now only available to
SCGB members :-(

ernest
Old February 1st 05, 08:08 AM
Ace

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:08:33 GMT, C.O.Jones
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:38:03 +0100, Ace wrote:

See my sig. Reports from Val and Tignes are updated daily by the rep
in resort.

But sadly for us cheapskates the rep reports are now only available to
SCGB members :-(

Aaah, I didn't realise that - still, I guess it's only fair to
subscription-paying members, who may have felt the value of membership
was being undermined if these benefits were available to all.

Simple answer, of course, is to join the club, even if you are a
cheapskate, as many people save much more than the cost of membership
by virtue of the discounts available. See
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/join/default.asp for details.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old February 2nd 05, 08:07 AM
Francis Macomber

"Ace" skrev i meddelandet
news
Aaah, I didn't realise that - still, I guess it's only fair to
subscription-paying members, who may have felt the value of membership
was being undermined if these benefits were available to all.

Simple answer, of course, is to join the club, even if you are a
cheapskate, as many people save much more than the cost of membership
by virtue of the discounts available. See
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/join/default.asp for details.

Since I'm a swedish citizen I feel a bit reluctant about joining a british
ski club... but thanks to you and everbody
else for your input.

Francis M

Old February 2nd 05, 09:09 AM
Ace

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:07:02 +0100, "Francis Macomber"
wrote:

"Ace" skrev i meddelandet
news

Simple answer, of course, is to join the club, even if you are a
cheapskate, as many people save much more than the cost of membership
by virtue of the discounts available. See
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/join/default.asp for details.

Since I'm a swedish citizen I feel a bit reluctant about joining a british
ski club... but thanks to you and everbody
else for your input.

Nationality is not an issue. We have members from France, Spain,
Poland, Germany, Holland and Norway that I know personally. In fact,
we have _reps_ from those countries. Probably there are members from a
lot more.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

Val d'Isère, Friday 10th PG European Ski Resorts 15 December 13th 04 08:16 PM
Val d'Isere for non-skiing people JB Dahmoune European Ski Resorts 7 August 31st 04 08:36 PM
Whistler conditions DZN Alpine Skiing 0 April 12th 04 04:49 AM
Conditions for Keski Tim Dudley Nordic Skiing 7 February 12th 04 02:37 AM
2 Alpes glacier conditions PG European Ski Resorts 0 August 30th 03 09:01 AM