Route Planner

Old January 30th 05, 03:19 PM
Joe Hunt

Default Route Planner

Hi,

Anyone know how good the RAC Route Planner is for directions in France ?
We are driving from Lyon Airport to Tignes, but stopping off at La Tour du
Pin, Savoie. Any ideas ?

Cheers, Joe

Old January 30th 05, 04:06 PM
Steve Haigh

Joe Hunt wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know how good the RAC Route Planner is for directions in France ?
We are driving from Lyon Airport to Tignes, but stopping off at La Tour du
Pin, Savoie. Any ideas ?

The michelin (www.viamichelin.com) one is pretty good for France, never
used the RAC for Europe. I've read, on this group I think, that
Mappy.com is good but I've never used it.
Old January 30th 05, 06:31 PM
Marinus

Anyone know how good the RAC Route Planner is for directions in
France ? We are driving from Lyon Airport to Tignes, but stopping off
at La Tour du Pin, Savoie. Any ideas ?

map24.com

--
http://cams.jeuring.com

Old January 30th 05, 08:25 PM
Adrian Tupper

Steve Haigh wrote in
:

Joe Hunt wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know how good the RAC Route Planner is for directions in
France ? We are driving from Lyon Airport to Tignes, but stopping off
at La Tour du Pin, Savoie. Any ideas ?

The michelin (www.viamichelin.com) one is pretty good for France,
never used the RAC for Europe. I've read, on this group I think, that
Mappy.com is good but I've never used it.

Yes, I'll agree with www.mappy.com. What's more it's a French-based site
and hence likely to be the best for latest info etc. It even gives you
péage charges etc.

--
Adrian
Old January 31st 05, 02:37 PM

Just check that you are not being directed over
Alpine passes closed for the winter.

A couple of years ago I found that either the
RAC or Via Michelin did just that.

Old January 31st 05, 05:04 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd :
Just check that you are not being directed over
Alpine passes closed for the winter.

Mappy appears to give you the option to avoid mountain passes "when possible".
But only in France.

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@