Searchmont, Ontario, how long?

Old March 28th 04, 10:36 PM
Tiburon27

Default Searchmont, Ontario, how long?

I heard they want to stay open till Easter. Anyone from the Sault hear this
or is it wishful thinking?

Old March 28th 04, 11:53 PM
Stephen B

"Tiburon27" wrote in message
I heard they want to stay open till Easter. Anyone from the Sault hear

this
or is it wishful thinking?

According to their site they will be closed during the week, then open April
3-4 as their final weekend. That could change if they get a lot of rain
between now and then, but otherwise they should open as planned.

Steve
ridecanada.com

Old March 29th 04, 02:32 AM
Banana

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:36:46 -0500, "Tiburon27"
wrote:

I heard they want to stay open till Easter. Anyone from the Sault hear this
or is it wishful thinking?

they have ski hills in Ontario????

Old March 29th 04, 03:06 AM
Mike T

they have ski hills in Ontario????

Why not?

They have ski hills in Georgia, 2 hours from Atlanta!

http://www.skyvalley.com/sky04.html

Mike T

Old March 29th 04, 05:21 AM
wacopaco

they have ski hills in Ontario????

Yes....... but having been to banff in mid February, coming back to the tiny
pimple that blue mountain is extremely hard. But hey thats all we got here,
guess I'll stay in the park around here.

God Damn IT! I want REAL mountains!!! AND Fluffy SNOW!!!

-stu

Old March 29th 04, 03:35 PM
AsaaraAgain

They have ski hills in Georgia, 2 hours from Atlanta!

http://www.skyvalley.com/sky04.html

Apparently they even have a ski hill in Nebraska, as flat as it is! Can't find
much info on the web about it, though, except one thing that says it doesn't
always even get enough snow to open every year...
Old March 29th 04, 11:49 PM
Stephen B

I heard they want to stay open till Easter. Anyone from the Sault hear
this
or is it wishful thinking?

According to their site they will be closed during the week, then open

April
3-4 as their final weekend. That could change if they get a lot of rain
between now and then, but otherwise they should open as planned.

Scratch that. They're now closed for the season.

Old March 30th 04, 04:51 AM
Walt

Stephen B wrote:
I heard they want to stay open till Easter. Anyone from the Sault hear
this or is it wishful thinking?

According to their site they will be closed during the week, then open
April 3-4 as their final weekend. That could change if they get a lot of rain
between now and then, but otherwise they should open as planned.

Scratch that. They're now closed for the season.

I was there yesterday and it was pretty darn slushy with some bare
spots. They also seemed to be having drainage problems - runoff from
the hill was collecting in pools at the bottom, and one of the chairs
didn't open til noon Saturday due to flooding.

Last year they were open well into April (the 3rd weekend if memory
serves) It's just been so flippin warm lately that they have to pack
it in early. It's a shame, but you can't blame them for the weather.

There's supposed to be an end of year employee's party on Wednesday
afternoon with lifts running for a couple of hours for the workers,
but that's it. Its over til next year.

--
// Walt
//

Old March 31st 04, 02:22 AM
Banana

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 05:21:35 GMT, "wacopaco"
wrote:

they have ski hills in Ontario????

Yes....... but having been to banff in mid February, coming back to the tiny
pimple that blue mountain is extremely hard. But hey thats all we got here,
guess I'll stay in the park around here.

God Damn IT! I want REAL mountains!!! AND Fluffy SNOW!!!

-stu

trust me its great living in Calgary...less the 2 hours from Lk Louise
and Sunshine...and maybe 3hrs to Fernie...