A new TRUCK.

Old January 4th 05, 03:23 AM
uglymoney

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:51:40 -0500, Jay Pique
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:54:23 GMT, uglymoney
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:29:41 -0500, Jay Pique
wrote:

So here's the deal...

I've got $6,000 saved up for a new truck, which I need. I've been
eyeballing a '97 Chevy 2500 with a Stahl utility body. Through the
course of negotiations I've been able to wheedle them down to $7900
plus Cruise Control and a towing package. Bluebook is something like
10 grand. Should I do it?

Get em to throw in at least a 12k 12 month warranty on the tranny -
preferably the entire drivetrain. Seriously. My friend just lost a
couple of three dimes on a 98' Chevy. It blew all its innards 31 days
after he purchased it, a few hours out of warranty.

Or is it a stick?

nate

-not a fan of the slushbox-

Oh bite me.

Have you dated that conservative hottie yet? My life is boring.

I found out she's a finance major and a banker so its just a matter of
asking her out. Those kind always go for my kind, regardless of which
side of the plane they ride on.

For now, I'm happy flirting with her. I'd like to see her in a hooters
outfit before making any decisions.

nate

Old January 4th 05, 03:25 AM
Walt

uglymoney wrote:

Walt wrote:

I really dislike Silver Volvo's. Maybe its my dislike of the color
that makes me notice, but I see a ton of them in that color.

I buy 'em used, so color isn't really something that's part of the
purchase decision. Unfortunately, the last one I bought is exactly the
same color as the one I already had, so my wife and I now have matching
Volvos. That would really really bug the **** out of me if I cared
about fashion.

So you have two Silver Volvos?

Nah. They're dark blue. The one before was silver, but it rusted out
after only 205.000 miles. Damn road salt.

--
// Walt
//

Old January 4th 05, 03:31 AM
Walt

uglymoney wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

Have you dated that conservative hottie yet? My life is boring.

I found out she's a finance major and a banker so its just a matter of
asking her out. Those kind always go for my kind, regardless of which
side of the plane they ride on.

For now, I'm happy flirting with her. I'd like to see her in a hooters
outfit before making any decisions.

All you need to do is quaff about a 12 pack of Bud and then solicit
her opinion on which truck you should buy.

Works like a charm.

Early afternoon is best, when her guard is down.

--
// Walt
//

Old January 4th 05, 03:38 AM
uglymoney

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:25:29 -0500, Walt
wrote:

uglymoney wrote:

Walt wrote:

I really dislike Silver Volvo's. Maybe its my dislike of the color
that makes me notice, but I see a ton of them in that color.

I buy 'em used, so color isn't really something that's part of the
purchase decision. Unfortunately, the last one I bought is exactly the
same color as the one I already had, so my wife and I now have matching
Volvos. That would really really bug the **** out of me if I cared
about fashion.

So you have two Silver Volvos?

Nah. They're dark blue. The one before was silver, but it rusted out
after only 205.000 miles. Damn road salt.

Thats what happened to my last car. A SHO Taurus. Bad car, but
wonderful drivetrain. Ran good right up to the end, but the subframe
rusted right off the front of the car. Its finale voyage was a trip
to JH. Shame, it only had 180k. That car lived in Minnesota for 5
years and that did it in. They last a bit longer in Iowa.

nate

Old January 4th 05, 03:39 AM
Walt

ant wrote:
"Jay Pique" wrote in message

It's forest green. To match my eyes.

OK, maybe that Rolling Rock stuff will go with it.

Rolling Rock goes with everything - olives, chocolate cake, kung-pao
chicken, anchovies, poutine, peanut-butter and jalapeno sandwiches,
Granola, Stilton, dungeness crabs, pizza, yoghurt, you name it.

It even tastes good with beer.

--
// Walt
//

Old January 4th 05, 04:37 AM
The Real Bev

uglymoney wrote:

wrote:

Nah. They're dark blue. The one before was silver, but it rusted out
after only 205.000 miles. Damn road salt.

Thats what happened to my last car. A SHO Taurus. Bad car, but
wonderful drivetrain. Ran good right up to the end, but the subframe
rusted right off the front of the car. Its finale voyage was a trip
to JH. Shame, it only had 180k. That car lived in Minnesota for 5
years and that did it in. They last a bit longer in Iowa.

Drive it to California and sell it for the drivetrain, etc. You get a
trip west, get rid of a miserable burden and make a few hundred bucks.
The MA car we bought for the engine had barely enough rust left to hold
it together, which was no real problem because we just pushed the
carcass around the corner and let The Powers That Be deal with it.
(That's what the cops advised -- it was illegal to keep a dead car on
the property and without the ownership papers the wrecking yards
couldn't touch it.)

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 4th 05, 07:51 PM
uglymoney

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:47:15 -0700, Bob Lee wrote:

uglymoney wrote:

Bob Lee wrote:

Never happen. Next you'll be getting all wet over grrls driving
Subarus. You are insane, get help.

Actually, that happens.

Funny though, most girls behind the wheel of Subaru's never seem to
show any interest in me!

Weird, huh? But I bet they pay attention to that conservative hottie.
What's up with that anyway, you thinking about hitting on an Ann Coulter
type?

Bob

I hit on her when I see her. She likes it, and normally she hits
back.

I spent the day pondering the thought of asking her on a date, and I
now have a question. Maybe you are Astro, Pigo, or some of the others
who are solidly right wing can answer it.

Do single female republicans actually have sex outside of marriage,
and more importantly, are they any good at it? Do they have sex, and
then deny it? Do they talk about it before or after? Any special
techniques that work particularly well with conservative woman? Is
the waiting period longer that with a normal liberal/moderate
prospect?

Just curious. I can't remember ever dating a republican ever, so I
would be blazing a new trail, so to speak. They always seem so
anti-sex, but then I see them have kids, etc,. Very confusing.

She does like beer. So I've got that going for me.

nate
Old January 4th 05, 08:45 PM
Walt

uglymoney wrote:

Do single female republicans actually have sex outside of marriage,
and more importantly, are they any good at it? Do they have sex, and
then deny it? Do they talk about it before or after? Any special
techniques that work particularly well with conservative woman? Is
the waiting period longer that with a normal liberal/moderate
prospect?

Just curious. I can't remember ever dating a republican ever, so I
would be blazing a new trail, so to speak. They always seem so
anti-sex, but then I see them have kids, etc,. Very confusing.

What ever gave you the idea that what they advocate for others they'd
observe for themselves? That's not the (cultural) conservative way.

Think about all that preachy culture-war crap you hear on Fox News from
their self-appointed guardians of decency and then flip over to Fox's
entertainment channel for a gander at what they actually practice.

IOW, don't believe a bit of it. Just tell her you want to rub her with
a falafel.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 4th 05, 09:42 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:51:31 GMT, uglymoney
wrote:

Do single female republicans actually have sex outside of marriage,
and more importantly, are they any good at it?

The truth about right-wing chix is that what they lack in technique
they make up for in excitement. It's the "forbidden fruit" thing.
Where your typical liberal chix are pretty matter-of-fact about sex,
the guilt and shame that your GOP hotties feel over having a libido at
all really adds some spice, in much the same way that post-breakup
sex is usually a lot wilder than pre-breakup. They feel that they're
really being bad, so there's a major naughty "thrill" aspect involved.

The only problem is that you can't be too obvious about the condom,
because it's a sin (I know that's not logical, but logic counts for
diddly in this instance).

bw
Old January 5th 05, 12:51 AM
Black Metal Martha

wrote:

Do single female republicans actually have sex outside of marriage,
and more importantly, are they any good at it?

The truth about right-wing chix is that what they lack in technique
they make up for in excitement. It's the "forbidden fruit" thing.
Where your typical liberal chix are pretty matter-of-fact about sex,
the guilt and shame that your GOP hotties feel over having a libido

at
all really adds some spice, in much the same way that post-breakup
sex is usually a lot wilder than pre-breakup. They feel that they're
really being bad, so there's a major naughty "thrill" aspect

involved.

The only problem is that you can't be too obvious about the condom,
because it's a sin (I know that's not logical, but logic counts for
diddly in this instance).

bw

Um, what you don't know about conservative females is a lot. I'm a
conservative, but I'm not religious at all. No guilt, no shame, but I
am picky. jpegs appreciated.

Martha