A new TRUCK.

Old January 3rd 05, 11:04 PM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:52:57 -0500, VtSkier
wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:
So here's the deal...

I've got $6,000 saved up for a new truck, which I need. I've been
eyeballing a '97 Chevy 2500 with a Stahl utility body. Through the
course of negotiations I've been able to wheedle them down to $7900
plus Cruise Control and a towing package. Bluebook is something like
10 grand. Should I do it?

Yup.

I'm inclined to say yes, but I'd rather have the overwhelming support
of rec.skiing.alpine prior to making a decision. My aphasia strikes a
bargain with the barter yardie.

Hunh?

Aphasia. It's sorta like when you're stoned and walk into a room but
forget what you're doing so you check your email and end up chatting
with the dude from Africa that's going to make you rich but not really
and in the end you crank up some Linkin' Part and get bored and
realized your car is running in the driveway. Go ski.

JP
*********
Skiless.
Old January 3rd 05, 11:16 PM
Walt

Jay Pique wrote:
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:57:13 -0500, Walt:

I've got $6,000 saved up for a new truck

Well, does it match your Budweiser cans? You wouldn't want to drive
around in a ride that clashes with your beer cans, especially since
you're probably going to have a hundred or so of them rattling around in
the bed before long.

I beg your pardon. I do NOT drive around with 100 beer cans - those
100 cans are worth five whole American dollars.

They'd be worth ten bucks here. Or to put it another way, about 220
empties will get you a lift ticket at Mt Trashmore. No wonder the place
is crawling with snowboarders.

And since buying a pickup truck is primarily a fashion statement, color
co-ordination is really all that matters.

It's forest green. To match my eyes.

Then you'd better switch to Ballantine, if you can find it.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 3rd 05, 11:45 PM
VtSkier

wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

[...]

Oh, is that it? I always thought what you were describing is more
commonly described as a "senior moment."

Vt(senior)Skier
Old January 4th 05, 12:13 AM
bdubya

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:29:41 -0500, Jay Pique
wrote:

So here's the deal...

I've got $6,000 saved up for a new truck, which I need. I've been
eyeballing a '97 Chevy 2500 with a Stahl utility body. Through the
course of negotiations I've been able to wheedle them down to $7900
plus Cruise Control and a towing package. Bluebook is something like
10 grand. Should I do it?

Depends on the tires. It always depends on the tires.

bw
Old January 4th 05, 12:38 AM
Marty

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
So here's the deal...

I've got $6,000 saved up for a new truck, which I need. I've been
eyeballing a '97 Chevy 2500 with a Stahl utility body. Through the
course of negotiations I've been able to wheedle them down to $7900
plus Cruise Control and a towing package. Bluebook is something like
10 grand. Should I do it?

I'm inclined to say yes, but I'd rather have the overwhelming support
of rec.skiing.alpine prior to making a decision. My aphasia strikes a
bargain with the barter yardie.

Depends on the color.
--
Marty

Old January 4th 05, 02:48 AM
The Real Bev

Bob Lee wrote:

uglymoney wrote:

The other day I say a very cute blonde in a nice new black Volvo Wagon
at the grocery. Now that was hot.

No, sorry. Grrls driving pickup trucks are hot, not Volvos.
Full-sized, Ford/Chevy/Dodge, pre-66. Grrrrrrr.

Does a 1970 Dodge, formerly bashed by Caltrans, count? I'm not THAT
much older than you are and my husband would probably like you too...

I wish more Volvo owners were interested in fashion.

Never happen. Next you'll be getting all wet over grrls driving
Subarus. You are insane, get help.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 4th 05, 03:15 AM
Black Metal Martha

Bob Lee wrote:
uglymoney wrote:

The other day I say a very cute blonde in a nice new black Volvo

Wagon
at the grocery. Now that was hot.

No, sorry. Grrls driving pickup trucks are hot, not Volvos.
Full-sized, Ford/Chevy/Dodge, pre-66. Grrrrrrr.

I wish more Volvo owners were interested in fashion.

Never happen. Next you'll be getting all wet over grrls driving
Subarus. You are insane, get help.

Bob

I don't own a car, but if I did it would be a full sieze pickup. Does
that count?

Martha

Old January 4th 05, 04:10 AM
uglymoney

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:28:34 -0500, Walt
wrote:

uglymoney wrote:
Walt wrote:

And since buying a pickup truck is primarily a fashion statement, color
co-ordination is really all that matters.

I really dislike Silver Volvo's. Maybe its my dislike of the color
that makes me notice, but I see a ton of them in that color.

The other day I say a very cute blonde in a nice new black Volvo Wagon
at the grocery. Now that was hot. I wish more Volvo owners were
interested in fashion.

I buy 'em used, so color isn't really something that's part of the
purchase decision. Unfortunately, the last one I bought is exactly the
same color as the one I already had, so my wife and I now have matching
Volvos. That would really really bug the **** out of me if I cared
about fashion.

So you have two Silver Volvos?

nate
Old January 4th 05, 04:16 AM
ant

"Walt" wrote in message news:ZcjCd.737

Well, does it match your Budweiser cans? You wouldn't want to drive
around in a ride that clashes with your beer cans,

ROTFL. Like the ute I saw in vermont many years ago, in spring. Mound of
snow still in the back (utes in snow country seem to carry a lot of snow
around in the back) with many bottles of beer sticking out of it.
the ute was dark green, and the bottles were dark brown, so it kind-of
toned.

ant

Old January 4th 05, 04:18 AM
ant

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

It's forest green. To match my eyes.

OK, maybe that Rolling Rock stuff will go with it.

ant