Who's here - any lurkers?

Old October 30th 05, 12:23 PM
Octessence

Default Who's here - any lurkers?

I starting reading this group a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to
active. Are there any lurkers around? Just wondering where people are
from and where you snowboard.

I'm 28, from the UK but now live in Germany. I mostly board in Austria
and sometimes France. Probably get around 30-35 days in a season. Two
week trips and lots of weekends.

Octes.

P.S. my DONEK PHEONIX HAS ARRIVED woohoo. It arrived at work on Friday
when I was away so I haven't seen it yet.
Old October 30th 05, 03:26 PM
thr33niL thr33niL is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octessence
I starting reading this group a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to
active. Are there any lurkers around? Just wondering where people are
from and where you snowboard.

I'm 28, from the UK but now live in Germany. I mostly board in Austria
and sometimes France. Probably get around 30-35 days in a season. Two
week trips and lots of weekends.

Octes.

P.S. my DONEK PHEONIX HAS ARRIVED woohoo. It arrived at work on Friday
when I was away so I haven't seen it yet.
I just found this place the other day and it seems like a nice place to get some info and just BS. It is fairly slow but I imagine when winter hits in the US, it should pick up a bit.

From Washington State myself. Try and go out as much as I can and hit places like Mt. Bachelor, Mt. Hood and 2 or 3 smaller hills in the Cascades. Want to make a trip to Whistler this year but we'll see.

:crossingfingers:
Old October 30th 05, 06:04 PM
Slaughterhouse

"Octessence" wrote in message
I starting reading this group a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to
active. Are there any lurkers around? Just wondering where people are from
and where you snowboard.

I'm 28, from the UK but now live in Germany. I mostly board in Austria and
sometimes France. Probably get around 30-35 days in a season. Two week
trips and lots of weekends.

Octes.

P.S. my DONEK PHEONIX HAS ARRIVED woohoo. It arrived at work on Friday
when I was away so I haven't seen it yet.

Hey, we are still here but I just think it's like the calm before the storm.
We are getting SO close to the start of a great season, everyone is just at
the starting gates. I live in Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. Most of my riding
is done at local hills and the Canadian (Alberta side) Rockies. Once in a
while I will slip across to the British Columbia side of the Rockies.

Old October 30th 05, 07:56 PM
coach

Uzytkownik "Octessence" napisal w wiadomosci
I starting reading this group a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to
active. Are there any lurkers around? Just wondering where people are
from and where you snowboard.

hi!

I'm 19, from Poland and I live in Poznan. My favourite places to ride are
Italy (Madonna di Campiglio) and Austria (St.Johann in Tirol). I'm riding as
much as I can, and because I have not much time it is about 2 weeks in a
seson.
My equipment:
board: Ride Control
boots: Northwave Legend (would like to change on thirty-two)
bindings: Drake F50

cya,
coach

Old October 30th 05, 09:22 PM
Octessence

Hey, we are still here but I just think it's like the calm before the storm.
We are getting SO close to the start of a great season, everyone is just at
the starting gates.

Yeah, I guess it will get pretty busy once people start boarding again.
Trouble with me is that I wakeboard and windsurf a bit in the summer and
because I don't really have any other things to do in between, I have a
couple of months of doing nothing but waiting for snowboarding to start.
First trip is in four weeks but it's only on a glacier so it won't be
that good. Just something to get me back into it a bit.

Octes.
Old October 31st 05, 11:06 AM
Switters

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:23:17 GMT, Octessence
allegedly wrote:

I starting reading this group a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to
active. Are there any lurkers around? Just wondering where people are
from and where you snowboard.

This group always slows down over the summer months (for the Northern
hemisphere), as there are hardly any posters here from the Southern side
of the planet.

As we head into November things will pick up and the group tends to be
very active from December to March/April time.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old October 31st 05, 04:25 PM
Robert Stevahn

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:23:17 +0100, Octessence
wrote:

I starting reading this group a few weeks ago and it doesn't seem to
active. Are there any lurkers around?

Hey, I've been too busy with eBay!

Scored a very slightly used K2 Recon Riser for $200. New Flow Pro-C
XFR bindings for $156. Burton Ronin pants for $120.

Boards for 2 kids, still working on another set of bindings and some
XC skis for my wife. Busy, busy, busy!

-- Robert, praying for snow
Old November 1st 05, 01:58 AM

Hey gang,

I keep an eye on the board, but don't usually have much to say.

I live in Salt Lake right now. Park City is where I grew up, and is
still my home mountain, but I ride and ski all resorts within a stones
throw...Powder Mountain, Snowbasin, Brighton, Snowbird, Park City, the
Canyons, and Deer Valley. Powder Mountain is my current favorite, long
runs, deep pow, no lines, cheap tix and good burgers.

There's a little snow up high, nothing signifigant. Just enough to get
you excited. It's starting to get cold though!!!

Old November 1st 05, 04:19 AM

Hi Octes,

Yes, I think there are plenty lurkers....more should come out of the
walls as the season gets underway.

Hey, there are new sites for boarding in Austria and France.
Http://AustriaSnowboardReport.com and http://FranceSnowboardReport

Which has better boarding Austria or France????

Old November 1st 05, 05:44 PM
Octessence

Hi Octes,

Yes, I think there are plenty lurkers....more should come out of the
walls as the season gets underway.

Hey, there are new sites for boarding in Austria and France.
Http://AustriaSnowboardReport.com and http://FranceSnowboardReport

Which has better boarding Austria or France????

I'd say Austria:

Austria Advantages:
+ cheaper in every way
+ better and newer lift facilities (less drag lifts)
+ Groomed pistes.
+ Off piste snow lasts 2 days instead of 2 minutes after a dump.
+ Not full of chavs [tr. white trash]
+ Much more taxi's around

France Advantages:
+ More extreme riding