Where's best place for ski rental, lessons at Copper Mountain

Old January 14th 05, 08:42 PM
Bob N

Default Where's best place for ski rental, lessons at Copper Mountain

Need some help with where to find best kids equipment rental, ski tune, and
lessons at (or nearby) Copper Mountain. Is the all day Ski School the best
option for a 10 year old, low intermediate?
Old January 14th 05, 08:57 PM
Chester Bullock

Bob N wrote:
Need some help with where to find best kids equipment rental, ski tune, and
lessons at (or nearby) Copper Mountain. Is the all day Ski School the best
option for a 10 year old, low intermediate?

Equipment rentals will be cheaper off-mountain, like in Frisco at
http://www.abskisport.com (they have an on mountain location, but expect
to pay more).

As for ski school, depends on what you want the 10 year old to learn,
what you want to do while they are in class, and how long you are going
to be there. If you are going to be there a few days, I would put him
(or her) in 2 half-day lessons. Then in the afternoon they can show you
what they learned. Just my opinion, and you are going to get several
more...

----------------------
Chester Bullock,
Colorado Mountain Cams, Snow Conditions, Opinionated Reports
http://www.black-diamond.com
AIM: tenxible YahooIM: ccb247
Old January 14th 05, 09:13 PM
Bob

Thanks for that Chester. I know there are several shops offering rentals
and my first priority is getting him the best quality rental equipment
available. Do some shops replace their rental equipment more often than
others? A half-day lesson may be a good choice. We've had him in the
all day with lunch classes at other resorts, and he always complains
there is little time left afterwards to ski with us. I'd love to get an
instructor with him one on one, but I think that may be unaffordable.

Regards,
Bob

Old January 14th 05, 09:22 PM
Chester Bullock

Bob wrote:
Thanks for that Chester. I know there are several shops offering rentals
and my first priority is getting him the best quality rental equipment
available. Do some shops replace their rental equipment more often than
others? A half-day lesson may be a good choice. We've had him in the
all day with lunch classes at other resorts, and he always complains
there is little time left afterwards to ski with us. I'd love to get an
instructor with him one on one, but I think that may be unaffordable.

If you are lucky enough to go mid-week, it'll be like he is in a private
lesson anyway. At his age, size and ability, I don't think you
(actually he) will notice a difference in the different rentals
available. Get him a mid-performance package and he will do just fine.

I should have given the disclaimer in regards to AB Ski and Sport. I
built their website, but I also take my friends there to get gear when
they are in town. If I didn't trust them, I wouldn't recommend them.
Many people here can vouch for how I am about that. Or go to Google and
look for "Chester's Somewhat Daily Report" - you'll see I am all about
telling it like it is.

----------------------
Chester Bullock,
"Sometimes, words have consequences..."
- President Bush
Old January 15th 05, 02:12 AM
snoig

"Bob N" wrote in message
.. .
Need some help with where to find best kids equipment rental, ski tune,

and
lessons at (or nearby) Copper Mountain. Is the all day Ski School the

best
option for a 10 year old, low intermediate?

Check out Christy Sports (http://www.christysports.com). They have a
location at Copper but the cheapest location is in Dillon right off I-70.
You get a 20% discount for renting online. And as long as we are doing
disclaimers, yes I built their rental system.

snoig