A grinning grasshopper returns from Meribel

Old January 29th 04, 05:09 PM
Tom

Default A grinning grasshopper returns from Meribel

Wow!

My second season was a joy! Thanks to help from people here, I kitted out with
Skeletools shorts and top - padding all over! A new lid, and new knee-pads
which were superb - didn't budge all day.

The Skeletools stuff was worth its weight in gold; every pad cushioned a big
fall at some point. I considered cutting off the shoulder pads but glad I
didn't, as I took my first evern big bang on my shoulder the next day. Side rib
pad (where elbow can bash into it - as happened last year) very useful, and
tailbone protector effective in numerous falls.

Thanks again to all those who helped this grasshopper out.

Tom
High Wycombe
UK

Old January 30th 04, 07:50 AM
Arvin Chang

Mighty Gof wrote in message ...
Where id u get the skeletools stuff?

Pete
Tamworth

Hehe, from my recommendation (wow I'm actually affecting people).
Skeletools (www.skeletools.com)is a company I found online when I
decided that Crash-Pads brand and RED brand pads weren't quite what I
was looking for. They are based on San Leandro, CA but are direct
sales only I think (can't find the stuff in stores). I got the pants
and I like them, I plan to get the pull-over top, but can't comment on
it since I don't have them yet.

--Arvin
Old January 31st 04, 09:20 AM
Tom

I got the pants
and I like them, I plan to get the pull-over top, but can't comment on
it since I don't have them yet.

OK, here's a quick review...

I got them from a UK importer and bought the pullover top (not the newer zip
style) as wanted medium size. Turned out to fit really well. Shoulder pads slip
round a bit but you can easily pull them round before each run. It's generally
well made though some of the stitching at the waistband has come away a bit so
I'll need to get a repair job before this causes damage.

Pads are well placed; this was the only top I could find with side rib
protection - my injury site last year. Psychologically this was a major plus.
All other pads are well placed; back, chest etc.

The top fits snug and I wore a thin fleece under it then my ski jacket, nothing
more. This proved fine temerature wise for Meribel.

The shorts are great; a big f**k-off tailbone pad. I fell many times last week,
and had hardly an ache each morning - amazing! If only I'd had this stuff last
year! Keep the material away from velcro though, as it snags really easily and
will over time shred the material a bit.

Also bought Diezz knee pads and they were excellent.

Having all this gear gave me the confidence to really go for it. Obviously you
can still get twist injuires etc. (I did my ankles on last run of holiday!),
but the difference to impact falls was massive.

Nice recommendation, Arvin.

Tom