Roller Skiing, and Link to Every Currently Made Roller Ski ?

Old March 31st 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Gary Jacobson

Default Roller Skiing, and Link to Every Currently Made Roller Ski ?

Not that I am necessarily training for next year, but I took a roll on a
recently acquired pair of Pro-ski Varios. Does anyone know if these are the
same as C-2 roller skis? I didn't like them very much. Cloddy feeling. The
V-2 Jenex 900 series seem more snow like to me, and are easier to control. I
like to register first impressions, and the C-2 (which I have messed around
with in years past) were not impressive. In time I'll probably get used to
them and like them, but I can't imagine why someone would choose them over
900 series. Maybe it's just that I've so much time on 920s.

Anyway, I think this list is the most comprehensive one I have ever seen:
http://www.skiroll.it/attrezzi/costruttori_skiroll.htm . Check out the
skirol site for what appears to be a classic race ski with a clutch wheel
near by to underfoot. Seems like there are more manufacturers than ever. If
there are companies and models (not just re-branded) you know about and that
are not here, let us know.

I think that the 30 and 50 km classic Nationals are in Fort Kent this
weekend, and there's still plenty of snow at my favorite ski joints within
three hours of here. But it's time to put my snow skis to sleep for the off
season.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old March 31st 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

Were these on there?
http://www.crossskiroller.de/
www.skike.at

I see most Roller Ski sites are still suffering from the many words - tiny
pics virus of 90's internet...

Those that like Roller Skis will also be intrigued by :
http://nordic.powerslide.de/

and of course :
K2 Nordic, for which I can't find a manufacturer's site
http://www.rollsport.de/product_info...oducts_id=1471

"Gary Jacobson" schreef in bericht

Old March 31st 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Thanks for posting this. What a wonderland of rollerskis! Wouldn't
it be fun to try them all. There's so much more than what makes the
States and such a wide variation in prices (and taxes). Wish I read
German for some of these. Wandering around.. Bjorn Daehlie and Ole
Einar Björndalen endorse Rolec. Dynasport has great photos of Lotte
Strøm Solli and a double wheel front-and-back classical ski (NRC
classic, photos at
http://www.dynasports.com/prissider/nrc-testing.htm). They're short. Do
you think that forces a distortion in back leg swing for taller
skiers? Skirol by G. Obermaier has a long classical model with an
extra wheel in the middle. Marwe lists the 610 with a 105mm wheel. Is
that a typo? Wild Force (what a name!) has a nice write-up in English
about the history and benefits of rollerskiing (What roller skies are?)
and an instructional guide for learning how to classical rollerski,
translated from a Russian or Ukranian guide into English. Were it
translated better, it would be a fine beginner's reference.

rm

Old March 31st 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Gary Jacobson

wrote in message
Thanks for posting this. What a wonderland of rollerskis! Wouldn't
it be fun to try them all.

Yes. I think that roller skis and b icycles are really neat. The thing with
roller skis is that any one with a machine shop and an idea can give it a
whirl. I've owned many roller skis, but I'm thankfully losing ground on the
idea that I could have experience with a majority of them.

There's so much more than what makes the
States and such a wide variation in prices (and taxes). Wish I read
German for some of these. Wandering around.. Bjorn Daehlie and Ole
Einar Björndalen endorse Rolec. Dynasport has great photos of Lotte
Strøm Solli and a double wheel front-and-back classical ski (NRC
classic, photos at
http://www.dynasports.com/prissider/nrc-testing.htm). They're short. Do
you think that forces a distortion in back leg swing for taller
skiers?

I thought about that too. I think long clessic roller skis are far better. I
think that the front wheel should remain on the ground at all times, and
that doesn't happend with short roller skis.

Old March 31st 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

These look like they have bicycle type breaks.

http://www.crossskiroller.de/

I've had that idea long ago, and I know a guy in Russia who made a
rollerski ski with caliper breaks. I don't read German though. I will
contact them to see if they can send me a brochure.

Old April 1st 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I've emailed them, let's see what they say

Old April 1st 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

In this sport, what's with the tiny blurry pics but super-elaborate
pricelist to the detail of bolt washers? Engineers doing the marketing?

schreef in bericht

Old April 1st 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
cpella

I have a pair of the Pro-Skis and you are right... they are quite
unwieldy. They are fine for double-pole training, so if you are
training for the Vasa Loppet, they would be good . They weigh alot
more than my skis, and the weight is distributed over a smaller
length. It seems to me that if you want classic rollerskis to do
diagonal stride the best ones would be the lightest so the swing
weight doesn't become an issue so you can concentrate on timing and
body position. I think the Ski Skett Nords may be the lightest, from
the limited information I could find on the net. If I get another pair
of classic rollerskis that's what I would get.

Chris

Armed Roller Skiing Mike Nordic Skiing 6 March 2nd 06 06:44 PM
roller skiing in SF [email protected] Nordic Skiing 10 October 1st 05 05:52 PM
Roller Skiing in NYC Zachary Caldwell Nordic Skiing 11 June 19th 04 11:57 PM
roller skiing milwaukee Mary Nordic Skiing 2 October 13th 03 07:59 PM
Roller Skiing in NJ? Ross M. Nordic Skiing 1 July 11th 03 02:43 PM