Tignes website intro flash animation

Old December 16th 04, 01:27 PM
Greg Hilton

Default Tignes website intro flash animation

that is one excellent off-piste skier, despite almost wiping out!!

Any idea who (s)he is and where (s)he's skiing (first smart ar*e to say
Tignes doesn't count )

http://www.tignes.net

cheers,

greg
Old December 16th 04, 01:58 PM
VisionSet

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
that is one excellent off-piste skier, despite almost wiping out!!

Any idea who (s)he is and where (s)he's skiing (first smart ar*e to say
Tignes doesn't count )

http://www.tignes.net

Identity: Me...

Location: In my dreams

--
Mike W

Old December 16th 04, 02:05 PM

Greg Hilton wrote:
that is one excellent off-piste skier, despite almost wiping out!!

Any idea who (s)he is and where (s)he's skiing (first smart ar*e to

say
Tignes doesn't count )

http://www.tignes.net

Nice. First time I've ever re-played a Flash intro. No idea where it
is, doesn't look like anywhere I've skied in Tignes, but it's a long
time since I was there.

The advertising has worked on me though, I'm now wondering about a trip
to Tignes... the skiing is really rather good...

Old December 16th 04, 03:14 PM
Jeremy Mortimer

wrote in news:1103209525.480472.294930
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Greg Hilton wrote:
that is one excellent off-piste skier, despite almost wiping out!!

Any idea who (s)he is and where (s)he's skiing (first smart ar*e to

say
Tignes doesn't count )

http://www.tignes.net

Nice. First time I've ever re-played a Flash intro. No idea where it
is, doesn't look like anywhere I've skied in Tignes, but it's a long
time since I was there.

The advertising has worked on me though, I'm now wondering about a trip
to Tignes... the skiing is really rather good...

I think it's the face well to the left of the col leading over to the
Vallon de la Sache. If you follow that face round until it ends in a
butress facing the village there's a few good slopes which are accessible
from another lift which goes up from one end of that annoying horizontal
lift (someone please come along with a plan and put some names on this!).

It ends in a bit of a faux plat - you have to traverse out quite high,
unless you're going very fast :-)

Yes, there's a lot of good skiing in Tignes. Quite a lot better than that
slope, actually, although that's quite the best use I've ever seen anyone
make of it!

Jeremy
Old December 17th 04, 08:23 AM
Ace

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:13:59 +0100, David George
wrote:

So my friend said, now that I'm educated can I continue? No not at
all, stay on the piste.

Now the pisteur had his reasons that day, fair enough.

Reasons, maybe, but no right. They can advise or suggest, but they
have no authority to tell you where you may or may not ski.

But maybe there
needs to be more connection between the reality and marketing. After all
Tignes had a terrible record for avalanche deaths last year.

Did it? I didn't notice, but I did do some 'brilliant' off-piste
skiing (in fact, I wondered if it was me on the film clip) around
easter last year.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 17th 04, 08:58 AM
Paul Schofield

wrote:

So my friend said, now that I'm educated can I continue? No not at
all, stay on the piste.

Now the pisteur had his reasons that day, fair enough.

Reasons, maybe, but no right. They can advise or suggest, but they
have no authority to tell you where you may or may not ski.

But maybe there
needs to be more connection between the reality and marketing. After all
Tignes had a terrible record for avalanche deaths last year.

Did it? I didn't notice, but I did do some 'brilliant' off-piste
skiing (in fact, I wondered if it was me on the film clip) around
easter last year.

Surely not, you wouldn't have staggered on landing like that :-)

Old December 17th 04, 09:24 AM
Ace

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:58:06 -0000, "Paul Schofield"
wrote:

"Ace" wrote in message
.. .

Did it? I didn't notice, but I did do some 'brilliant' off-piste
skiing (in fact, I wondered if it was me on the film clip) around
easter last year.

Surely not, you wouldn't have staggered on landing like that :-)

That was the giveaway, yes.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 17th 04, 06:24 PM
pete devlin

In message , David
George writes
wrote:
The advertising has worked on me though, I'm now wondering about a
trip
to Tignes... the skiing is really rather good...

A friend was at Tignes a few weeks ago. Okay there is not much snow
about. He ducked under ropes to do some between the piste skiing only
to hear a loud whistle and some pisteur whizzing over. He was told to
get back on the piste. What about all the ads you are doing ? (the
funicular runs a load of freeskiing videos). Ah that... well the piste
patrol have been told to be much more pro-active with skiers and
boarders who they consider are doing stupid things. The aim is to
educate not to sanction. So my friend said, now that I'm educated can
I continue? No not at all, stay on the piste.

Now the pisteur had his reasons that day, fair enough. But maybe here
needs to be more connection between the reality and marketing. After
all Tignes had a terrible record for avalanche deaths last year.

I was there until last saturday. The snow conditions are getting
desperate but I believe it may be snowing now. Off piste at the moment
is dangerous due to lack of snow. There are still araes high up on the
glacier where you can go off, eg. to the side of Leisse and the pistuers
don't seem to be batting an eyelid. I suspect your pal must have been on
a dangerous bit!
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old December 20th 04, 03:41 PM
Champ

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:23:15 +0100, Ace wrote:

in fact, I wondered if it was me on the film clip

*snort*

--
Champ