new management at Lapland Lake, NY

Old December 21st 04, 02:16 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

LOL. This looks like a lease-to-purchase arrangement. If it makes a
second season, it might turn out to be a long-running show. I hope the
new couple checked the former employee list for references.

Gene

Mike Wynn wrote:

Interesting indeed, Gene. Might make for a great new reality show!

Mike........

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote in message
It will be interesting to see how Travis and Ivana will be able to
establish their own style of managing and operating separate from Olavi
and Ann, who will continue to live on the property, help out day-to-day
(according to the website) and, presumably, are still the owners.

Gene

Eddie Luban wrote:

http://www.laplandlake.com/press_release.htm

Eddie

Old December 21st 04, 03:26 AM

Did they actually hit you? Or were they out of control and only your
quick evasive maneouvres saved you? Or were they skiing the wrong way
on one-way trails? If not, how do you know you were nearly knocked
down?

Good point I've never, ever knocked anyone down, not even close. But
I did notice people sometimes *spontaneously" fall even before I was
anywhere near them.

Old December 21st 04, 04:19 AM

All right, that was an obnoxious comment.

Old December 21st 04, 05:14 PM
Bill in Schenectady

err....I was skiing along in the ski tracks and a couple of guys came
extremely close to hitting me with poles and skis as they skated
by...without any warning that they were coming up from behind. It was
a two way trail, and quite wide. But it seems that they needed the
entire trail. Again, not the ski area's fault, but it left a bad
taste. The novice trails there are heavily used for racing. And some
racers don't mix well with novice classical skiers.

When I say racers, I mean they were in full work out skate mode, going
as fast as they were able, and not taking care for others that were
sharing the trail.

And I'll repeat...it's not the area's fault that I had a bad taste that
day. But to me Lapland has long had the feel of a downhill ski resort,
rather than the more comfortable (to me) back woods feel of Garnet
Hill. It's simply my preference. I also like Garnet Hill's trails
much better. So that's where I chose to go.
I do chuckle about what some people wear though.