Montgenevre

Old November 24th 03, 08:40 PM
Frazer Mountford

Default Montgenevre

What is Montgenevre like, i am going snowboarding there in January and have
been looking on the website which is mostly in French

What is the lift system, pistes,resort links like

Also do they have a wireless ski pass i.e. Swatch Access

Old November 26th 03, 12:01 PM
J.B. Memascii

"Frazer Mountford" wrote in message ...
What is Montgenevre like, i am going snowboarding there in January and have
been looking on the website which is mostly in French

What is the lift system, pistes,resort links like

Also do they have a wireless ski pass i.e. Swatch Access

Haven't been there for about a year and a half (In late March)
so not sure how up to date this is. They had electronic lift
passes back then (i.e. Credit card sized things) not sure
whether compatible with Swatch.

As for the lifts, etc. The ski area is probably good for a
week. We did a long weekend and because of the time of year
the links to the rest of the Milky Way were down and the few
south facing runs were stuffed. No scary blacks that I
remember, mostly blue/greens.

The lift system is fine though there was a higher proportion
of drag lifts than I'm used to. In fact it was going there
that forced me to get to grips with them which is something
I'm glad I finally got around to. We stayed at Hotel Napoleon
(IIRC) which was nothing to write home about.

Probably all changed by now though.

Cheers.
Iain.