Bus Tignes / Val

Old November 17th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Bill Seddon

Default Bus Tignes / Val

Is there a bus service between Tignes and Val d'Isere?

Any idea of cost of taxi if not?

Bill
Old November 17th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:41:57 +0000, Bill Seddon
wrote:

Is there a bus service between Tignes and Val d'Isere?

Yes, but it only runs tp about 5:30 or thereabouts. When the ski
connections are closed due to winds they tend to run it until
everyone's got home, though.

Any idea of cost of taxi if not?

About 50 Eu, IIRC. Best to arrange a car in advance if you can.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old November 17th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Bill Seddon

wrote:

Is there a bus service between Tignes and Val d'Isere?

Yes, but it only runs tp about 5:30 or thereabouts. When the ski
connections are closed due to winds they tend to run it until
everyone's got home, though.

Any idea of cost of taxi if not?

About 50 Eu, IIRC. Best to arrange a car in advance if you can.

Thanks Bruce

We will have car and wife will be my personal chalet maid :-) She
doesn't ski, but I thought if she could get the bus to Val walk up the
manchet valley we could meet for lunch. I guess she could walk all the
way back!

suppose she could just drive over but would be a doddle on the bus for a
few refreshments etc.

Bill
Old November 18th 06, 09:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Matt T

wrote:

Is there a bus service between Tignes and Val d'Isere?

Yes, but it only runs tp about 5:30 or thereabouts. When the ski
connections are closed due to winds they tend to run it until
everyone's got home, though.

Any idea of cost of taxi if not?

About 50 Eu, IIRC. Best to arrange a car in advance if you can.

Thanks Bruce

We will have car and wife will be my personal chalet maid :-) She
doesn't ski, but I thought if she could get the bus to Val walk up the
manchet valley we could meet for lunch. I guess she could walk all the
way back!

suppose she could just drive over but would be a doddle on the bus for a
few refreshments etc.

Bill

Yup - Bus should do you - as Ace points out it doesn't run all day
every day like the free ones around resort, but it's pretty reliable.
If I recall correctly, it starts at about 10am and goes every hour.
Costs about 8 Euros or something? This is all from memory though, so do
check at the Maison de Tignes in Lac for the real figures.

Alternatively, your wife could drive as you suggest, but parking in Val
can be a pain if you're looking for somewhere free to leave it - there
are a couple of sneaky spots up round the back of the Olympique bottom
station, and the big open air free car park in La Daille *can* be
useful, but is often full of cars and full of snow. Paid parking's not
too expensive for a lunch though. Make sure you've got chains!

Cheers,

Matt