Zardoz NotWax

Old March 29th 06, 03:59 AM

Default Zardoz NotWax

Hi all,

Does anyone have much experience with using Zardoz's NotWax?

I'm particularly curious about its performance in soft, wet snow
(typical conditions here), and any comment as to how quickly it wears
off and needs to be re-applied would be handy.

Cheers,
Chris
Old March 29th 06, 07:34 PM

Chris,
I can't help you directly but you might get good info from ski shops
like Paco's in Truckee, Sierra Nordic in Soda Springs, or the Royal
Gorge Ski Shop - all in the Sierra Nevadas -where I have seen Zardoz on
sale and where some skiers have told me that it's very useful for the
soft, wet conditions that are common there. I think all those shops
have 800 numbers.
Russ

Old March 29th 06, 11:13 PM

Old March 30th 06, 03:02 AM

Chris:

I use Notwax a lot. I.ve even raced on it a time or two. It tends to
shine in warm, wet snow, and is quite slow in cold, dry stuff.
(Everything is, but Notwax is even worse.)

I often soak clean, unwaxed skis with it before starting the saturation
with soft wax, under the assumption that the liquid will saturate
deeper into the base than even soft paraffins. I will then use it on
top of the wax on my everyday training skis. Don't get it on your kick
zone, though, or you'll have a terrible time trying to apply kick wax,
let alone getting it to stay on!

Randy

Old March 30th 06, 03:03 AM

Chris Cole wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have much experience with using Zardoz's NotWax?

I'm particularly curious about its performance in soft, wet snow
(typical conditions here), and any comment as to how quickly it wears
off and needs to be re-applied would be handy.

Cheers,
Chris

I have had excellent results with it. I mostly ski fishscale, so I hot
wax tips and tails with wax to match the temp, but then use Notwax on
the whole base. It is esp good at preventing icing/sticking /buildup in
the scale region. I think it tends to even out getting the temp wrong on
the wax.
gr

Zardoz Not Wax medegraa Alpine Skiing 13 March 4th 05 08:15 PM
zardoz notwax on extruded bases bruce racicot Snowboarding 0 April 7th 04 04:11 AM