Spring Break Options - Keystone Mar 6-13

Old January 2nd 04, 01:23 AM
David Leach

Default Spring Break Options - Keystone Mar 6-13

My kids' school has an 'early' spring break the week of Mar 6-13,
2004. We are tentatively planning a 5 day trip to Keystone staying at
the Hidden River Lodge. Does anyone have any thoughts about what the
crowds might be like at that time. I did some searching and it
appears that most spring breaks start the week after we will be there.

Also, any comment on the bus system. Our kids are 4 and 7 and will be
in the ski school. Is it a realistic walk from the Hidden River
Lodge, or will we need to bus in each morning?

Finally, and recommendation on rentals for skis and boards?

Thanks,
David
Old January 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
Saraabbott75070

David, My advise would be if you are worried about crowds dont go to any of the
resorts off of the I70 corridor. Have you ever been to Mt. Crested Butte? It is
a destination resort unlike the ones that sit on the interstate so it is MUCH
less crowded. I own a condo there and we rent it out when we aren't using it.
Unfortunately we are rented the week you are going to be in CO, but I would
still suggest that you consider CB. My website is www.iskicb.com and we have
links to several of the community sites. If you have a few moments give it a
look.

I hope you and your family have a great time.

LA
Old January 2nd 04, 06:11 PM
Lew

Hi David

We were at Wolf Creek Pass the same week last year; not bad at all so far as
crowds. Prices a lot better also than the "big names." Drawback is no
lodging at the ski area; must drive from South Fork or Pagosa Springs
(either one is about 20 miles); we stay at South Fork as I like the drive
better. You can contact me back channel at bcl at grandecom dot net for
more info, pix from week before Christmas, etc. if you'd like.

Old January 5th 04, 02:55 PM
Chester Bullock

Saraabbott75070 wrote:

David, My advise would be if you are worried about crowds dont go to any of the
resorts off of the I70 corridor. Have you ever been to Mt. Crested Butte? It is
a destination resort unlike the ones that sit on the interstate so it is MUCH
less crowded. I own a condo there and we rent it out when we aren't using it.
Unfortunately we are rented the week you are going to be in CO, but I would
still suggest that you consider CB. My website is www.iskicb.com and we have
links to several of the community sites. If you have a few moments give it a
look.

I hope you and your family have a great time.

LA

I have only been to CB a couple of times, none in the winter. I did
stay at the Nordic Inn once though, and it was a pretty cool place.
http://www.crested-butte.com

Disclaimer: Yes, I built their website. But anyone that knows me knows
I tell it like it is. I like this place, and would gladly stay there if
I were in Crested Butte.
Chester Bullock,
Colorado Mountain Cams, Snow Conditions, Opinionated Reports
http://www.black-diamond.com
AIM: tenxible YahooIM: ccb247