Has everybody gone skiing?

Old February 1st 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default Has everybody gone skiing?

No posts yet. Here in New England
it's getting ready for a liquid snow
even, with maybe some of it freezing
on to make the roads really smooth.

You'd understand the humor of that
last if you knew New England roads
in February.
Old February 1st 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Feb 1, 6:43 am, VtSkier wrote:
No posts yet. Here in New England
it's getting ready for a liquid snow
even, with maybe some of it freezing
on to make the roads really smooth.

You'd understand the humor of that
last if you knew New England roads
in February.

Well, on the other hand, here at Tahoe we have received at least
several inches of fresh snow, if not more, everyday for two weeks now,
the powder skiing at Tahoe now is just plain phenomenal. With more
than 10" of freshes fell last night, we are not just going powder
skiing but "powder driving," off the main roads, as well.

Blizzard, powder, powder-skiing, fun stuff,
IS
Old February 1st 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"VtSkier" wrote in message
No posts yet. Here in New England
it's getting ready for a liquid snow
even, with maybe some of it freezing
on to make the roads really smooth.

You'd understand the humor of that
last if you knew New England roads
in February.

Here in the Seattle area, we've had lots of problems getting to the skiing. The
passes have been closed for avalanche cleanup. Up to a few feet a day for the
last several days. Snoqualmie pass has only been open a few hours since Monday.
Hopefully, Stevens will be clear tomorrow morning. To bad I have a class in the
morning. The backside will be bottomless.

Old February 1st 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

VtSkier wrote:
No posts yet. Here in New England
it's getting ready for a liquid snow
even, with maybe some of it freezing
on to make the roads really smooth.

You'd understand the humor of that
last if you knew New England roads
in February.

Leaving this afternoon for the traditional "ski the super bowl" Sunday.

Boyne Mountain has a trail named the "Super Bowl". I ski it on the day
when most of the rest of country is busy watching large men lie around
in a big pile. Whatever floats yer boat.

BTW, my usenet feed was dorked overnight. Not sure how widespread the
problem was, but I was assuming that was the reason for the lack of
activity.
Old February 1st 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
D.

I now live at mt. snow , vermont and RIGHT
now it's snowing but ?????????? that's now !
Many years ago , in the early seventies , I
lived in Tahoma on the lake . I found out
why windows have shutters . It snows harder
and DEEPER there than any place i know .
those were good times .
happy trails ,
dick

Old February 1st 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

Bob F wrote:

Here in the Seattle area, we've had lots of problems getting to the skiing. The
passes have been closed for avalanche cleanup. Up to a few feet a day for the
last several days. Snoqualmie pass has only been open a few hours since Monday.
Hopefully, Stevens will be clear tomorrow morning. To bad I have a class in the
morning. The backside will be bottomless.

It was on Wednesday.
I finally learned to rotate my feet.

-- Mike Treseler
Old February 1st 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

That coating ice in New England is just awful. One morning when I
lived in Jersey I awoke to a THICK coating of that stuff on
everything, followed by 8 inches of snow. My backyard was a large
hill. It was an Winter Olympic year.

I decided to carve out my own personal bobsled track. I used a rail
sled. The track ended with me careening into a 8 ft. high snow
drift. School was canceled. I spent all day out there. It was the
coolest thing I ever did as a kid.
Old February 1st 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

Bob F wrote:

"VtSkier" wrote in message
No posts yet. Here in New England
it's getting ready for a liquid snow
even, with maybe some of it freezing
on to make the roads really smooth.

You'd understand the humor of that
last if you knew New England roads
in February.

Here in the Seattle area, we've had lots of problems getting to the
skiing. The passes have been closed for avalanche cleanup. Up to a
few feet a day for the last several days. Snoqualmie pass has only
been open a few hours since Monday. Hopefully, Stevens will be
clear tomorrow morning. To bad I have a class in the morning. The
backside will be bottomless.

Here in Big Cottonwood, I can just walk out the door for skiing. But
today is the third day I can't get to work this week since we've had
100 inches in five days. Not being able to get to work is better than
not being able to get to skiing. Too bad I don't have what it takes to
live in Jackson Hole, or I could ski some Wild Snow Moguls. But I'll
take what I can get. So far today, one guy has been brave enough to
break trail up past my house. The moguls must be getting pretty big up
there. Speaking of which, my guide friend from Jackson is showing up
today for some skiing. I'm really looking forward to seeing him and
discussing how he handles the Wild Moguls in the wilderness.

-klaus

Old February 1st 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Mike Treseler wrote:
Bob F wrote:

Here in the Seattle area, we've had lots of problems getting to the
skiing. The passes have been closed for avalanche cleanup. Up to a few
feet a day for the last several days. Snoqualmie pass has only been
open a few hours since Monday. Hopefully, Stevens will be clear
tomorrow morning. To bad I have a class in the morning. The backside
will be bottomless.

It was on Wednesday.
I finally learned to rotate my feet.

Is that like rotating your tires? Sounds painful.

//Walt
Old February 1st 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

Walt wrote:
Is that like rotating your tires? Sounds painful.

Sure, but it's simpler.
Only one way to rotate your feet.
There's 23 ways to rotate your tires.

-- Mike