Websites, Was: Beaver Creek Women's Clinic?

Old September 13th 03, 03:57 PM
John Webb

Default Websites, Was: Beaver Creek Women's Clinic?

In article , Sam Seiber
wrote:

Is it just me, or are the site designers of today making their
sites just a bit too glitzy? ObSki: http://www.skiloveland.com
just try to catch the moving menus. Run the mouse over
their navagation bar, and watch all the moving menus.
(the one near the top, reads:
The Mountain Info Schools.......)
Yikes, I don't think their site designer really uses his own
site. Me thinks I will get the URL's bookmarked so I can
avoid this train wreck.

And like you say Chester, just try getting to the real information
on some of these sites can be tricky, if the real information is
even there to begin with. And I just love commercial sites that
need ME to have browser version 12.0 just so I can see their
useless content. I think this has gotten me on a rant. Over
the summer I built a nice simple site for a pinball place in
Lyons Colorado ( http://www.lyonspinball.com ). It will work very
nicely with old browsers. I did this by design. I want to reach
the maximum audience I can get. It would really suck for a potential
customer to go through all the trouble to look for the site, just to
find out their browser isn't modern enough to see the story.

Just last week I got the bad news that they "improved" (ie wrecked)
my fav airline site: travelocity.com. Much of the site still works
if you use the NS4.79 forward and back buttons but clicking their
navigation buttons at the bottom causes your browser to blow up.

I wrote them to ask "why" and they basically responded 'tough ****'
we aren't going to support series 4x NS and IE browsers. translation,
some lame programmer with too much time on his hands sez damn with our
customers we gotta add enough wiz-bang graphics that only those with
the latest sys and flash/java enabled software can play. At a much
slower speed for sure.

The worst was when they killed Easy Sabre, a simple text-based system
that, once you learned the archane commands ran 3 or 4 times faster
than Travelocity. No cute pictures of airplanes with the carriers
name in the carriers graphice, however- thus no good. :-(

Any snow yet.
John in MD