Skiing in Colorado

Old September 11th 03, 03:45 PM
Robert Scott

Default Skiing in Colorado

Winter Park will probably be more crowded than Vail! Go to Vail and if the
crowd bothers you, just take the shuttle to Beaver Creek! It will not be
crowded! You can ski both!
Have fun,
Rob

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Eric Segal wrote:

Hi -- I am from Boston and will be making a stopover this winter in

Denver,
courtesy of United Air Lines. I'll be with two of my kids, and we would

like
to do some skiing. We have never skiied in the West before.

The problem is that we will be there in between Christmas and New

Years -
unavoidable. Can anyone recommend one or two resorts that are good for
intermediate skiing, within a couple of hours drive of Denver, and might
(perhaps) be a little less than totally jammed at Christmas time?

What about Winter Park? The theory would be that it's less of a
destination resort and more of a Denver local area than a real
destination resort like Vail, and thus less likely to get the Christmas
jamming. This is probably offbase; I'm just throwing it out for
Coloradoans to comment on.

The other problem you're going to run into in that time slot is price;
specifically, the price of a hotel room. Understand that this is the
time of MAXIMUM overcharging for a hotel room at ski resorts. You will
not believe the prices you're going to see quoted to you. Prepare to be
amazed.

Dave

Old September 12th 03, 03:11 PM
Seth Masia

I second Beaver Creek. Of the resorts within a two-hour drive of Denver, BC
will be the least crowded. It's also huge, with an interesting mix of
terrain, village-to-village skiing, great tree skiing and the chance to
explore a heinous wicked world class downhill racecourse.

Big question is whether *anything* is really a two-hour drive over the
holidays. Best bet would be to drive up and stay in cheap digs in Eagle.

Seth
http://skiinghistory.org

colorado skiing dware Nordic Skiing 5 August 5th 04 04:24 PM
Snowboarding or skiing? Joe Ramirez Snowboarding 53 February 11th 04 12:23 PM
Unlimited Nordic Skiing DVD amazon_distribution Nordic Skiing 1 December 8th 03 04:47 PM
Skiing with Tommy Rob Bradlee Nordic Skiing 7 December 2nd 03 08:03 PM