Utah hardcore powder

Old February 22nd 06, 04:37 AM

Default Utah hardcore powder

Hi guys. I'm not sure if I'm addressing the right group here, perhaps
someone can help me.

I'm British. I've done a lot of skiing in Switzerland. I'm coming to
Utah this weekend, and I'm into serious backcountry skiing. What's the
deal? Where can I find people who are doing good stuff?

If someone could direct me somewhere, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

Tom

Old February 25th 06, 08:58 AM

Fun stuff to do over in the Alps:

Well, there's a lot. I recommend Verbier, Switzerland, for great and
fairly accessible off-piste and a fun party scene, but it's expensive
and tricky to find accommodation, although you can stay fairly cheaply
in 'The Bunker', which is nasty but cheap rooms in the sports centre.

Chamonix, obviously, is fun, but it's super-popular so hard to find
fresh tracks.

If you just want good skiing and don't mind going somewhere a bit
quiet, then it's hard to beat La Grave, France. No pistes, just
off-piste.

As for must-do tours in the Alps, it obviously depends what type of
thing you are looking for. My personal favourite, though, is the
Couloir Marinelli on the Monte Rosa. This is the 'line of the alps' and
is often not in condition, but when it is it is fabulous. You do it
from Macunagua, Italy.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Tom

Bob Lee wrote:
John Red-Horse wrote:

wrote:

Hi guys. I'm not sure if I'm addressing the right group here, perhaps
someone can help me.

I'm British. I've done a lot of skiing in Switzerland. I'm coming to
Utah this weekend, and I'm into serious backcountry skiing. What's the
deal? Where can I find people who are doing good stuff?

If someone could direct me somewhere, I'd appreciate it!

This will give you a little bit to read and perhaps a contact or two:
http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12471

Hey Tom,

Since Bob's been such a productive source for you, perhaps you can spill
some of the skinny on your must-do tours in Switzerland for him?... g

Rub it in, thanks.

But Tom, John is actually headed from stateside across the pond soon and
it would be a friendly thing to do to shed a little light on where to
find people doing good stuff over there.

Bob