Rockered (or reverse camber) skis ?

Old August 31st 10, 12:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Default Rockered (or reverse camber) skis ?

Evojeesus wrote:

Nope, I live in Italy.

Oh, did I miss that ?

I'm in Italy too, Liguria, nearest resortr is Limone. You ?
Old August 31st 10, 01:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Aug 31, 2:17*pm, BrritSki wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:

Nope, I live in Italy.

Oh, did I miss that ?

I'm in Italy too, Liguria, nearest resortr is Limone. *You ?

I'm in Rome, nearest resorts are in the Apennines, 9 hours drive to
the Alps..
Old August 31st 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

On 31/08/2010 15:35, Evojeesus wrote:
On Aug 31, 2:17 pm, wrote:
Evojeesus wrote:

Nope, I live in Italy.

Oh, did I miss that ?

I'm in Italy too, Liguria, nearest resortr is Limone. You ?

I'm in Rome, nearest resorts are in the Apennines, 9 hours drive to
the Alps..

Ha, I learned to ski in Terminillo 30+ years ago when I was working at
TI in Rieti. We went back last Feb to revisit old haunts and old friends
and had a day skiing. Top of the mountain was closed, but good snow,
bright sun and there was enough open for a good morning's workout
followed by an excellent lunch as usual !

Ciao Rog
Old August 31st 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Aug 31, 4:52*am, Evojeesus wrote:

Yes, that's what I mean with depth-measurements too. Did you try these
modern skis btw?

No. I don't feel the need to fix what's not broken.

I've downgraded to Bandit xx 197. My 205's broke and are too hard to
replace.

Nope, I live in Italy.

ah. OK. Sorry I must have confused you with someone else then.

Good for you! I'm a 9 hours drive away from 7000+ vertical-feet off-
piste paradise. Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

Beginners probably.

That kind of thing happens to people that can't turn usually. I can
push a dog on skis straight down a hill. No particular skill involved
there.

Old August 31st 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 8/31/10 3:52 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
CLIP

Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

I have to ask: WHY!?!?!

Why would anyone want to give up the floating three dimensional dance of
bottomless powder to merely make big turns and go fast? If fast is the
goal bring out DH race skis and ski a prepared course - nothing like
220cm skis at 75mph+ for the feel of speed.

Maybe leave the powder untracked for those who appreciate it?

(I waxed my sloppy old powder Snow Rangers last week as well as my GS
and DH race skis - can never be too prepared. It snowed on the pass
yesterday. I'm ready.)
Old August 31st 10, 04:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:53:30 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote:

On 8/31/10 3:52 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
CLIP

Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

I have to ask: WHY!?!?!

Why would anyone want to give up the floating three dimensional dance of
bottomless powder to merely make big turns and go fast? If fast is the
goal bring out DH race skis and ski a prepared course - nothing like
220cm skis at 75mph+ for the feel of speed.

Maybe leave the powder untracked for those who appreciate it?

(I waxed my sloppy old powder Snow Rangers last week as well as my GS
and DH race skis - can never be too prepared. It snowed on the pass
yesterday. I'm ready.)

Amen....its not far off
Old August 31st 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote:
On 8/31/10 3:52 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
CLIP

Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

I have to ask: WHY!?!?!

Why would anyone want to give up the floating three dimensional dance of
bottomless powder to merely make big turns and go fast? If fast is the
goal bring out DH race skis and ski a prepared course - nothing like
220cm skis at 75mph+ for the feel of speed.

Maybe leave the powder untracked for those who appreciate it?

(I waxed my sloppy old powder Snow Rangers last week as well as my GS
and DH race skis - can never be too prepared. It snowed on the pass
yesterday. I'm ready.)

Amen....its not far off-

Congratulations, Dickie. You are the Glenn Beck of RSA. The
spiritual leader. Your followers hang on your every word.
Hey, want to explain whatever "evidence" you have that I am a
convicted felon? You know, you've falsely accused me of being one on
scores of occasions. Now that you are a leader, how about explaining
your prophecies?
Old August 31st 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Aug 31, 5:48*pm, pigo wrote:
On Aug 31, 4:52*am, Evojeesus wrote:

Yes, that's what I mean with depth-measurements too. Did you try these
modern skis btw?

No. I don't feel the need to fix what's not broken.

Come on! Lost the will to explore already? They will allow you to do
different thinks, for example to go much faster in powder, not
necessarily your cup of tea though..

Good for you! I'm a 9 hours drive away from 7000+ vertical-feet off-
piste paradise. Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

Beginners probably.

Really? Your beginners shred at 50mph+?

That kind of thing happens to people that can't turn usually. I can
push a dog on skis straight down a hill. No particular skill involved
there.

Going fast takes an enormous amount of balls and considerable skill
too.
Old August 31st 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Evojeesus

On Aug 31, 5:53*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/31/10 3:52 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
CLIP

Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

I have to ask: WHY!?!?!

Not my thing either! However, I can see how coming down a huge face
with gigantic turns can kick ass.

Why would anyone want to give up the floating three dimensional dance of
bottomless powder to merely make big turns and go fast? If fast is the
goal bring out DH race skis and ski a prepared course - nothing like
220cm skis at 75mph+ for the feel of speed.

Well people say going really fast in deep powder is fun too even
though I think it kind of wastes the terrain.

Old August 31st 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 08/31/2010 11:53 AM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 8/31/10 3:52 AM, Evojeesus wrote:
CLIP

Skiing powder in the forest is mad fun but nothing
beats the big lines on big mountains. I've seen boarders lose maybe
1500 feet of vertical in about five turns down a steepish glacier. Has
anyone skied Alta in less than 10 turns?-D

I have to ask: WHY!?!?!

Why would anyone want to give up the floating three dimensional dance of
bottomless powder to merely make big turns and go fast? If fast is the
goal bring out DH race skis and ski a prepared course - nothing like
220cm skis at 75mph+ for the feel of speed.

Maybe leave the powder untracked for those who appreciate it?

(I waxed my sloppy old powder Snow Rangers last week as well as my GS
and DH race skis - can never be too prepared. It snowed on the pass
yesterday. I'm ready.)

Snow Rangers? Sloppy? I've skied a couple of different pairs
of those in the past and found them to be somewhat akin to
2 x 4's. Borrowed a pair for a rare powder day here in VT.
They performed better (or maybe I did) where the ice below
the powder was blown clean off than they did where the there
was actually some powder.

A dear friend skied that ski up until a couple of years ago,
mainly because they were so beefy and grippy. There was
nothing that came close that weren't "shaped" so she stuck
with the Rangers.