New ski movie idea...

Old November 8th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

Default New ski movie idea...

The title is "Tai Chi Kid" and it's about a young novice skier (played
by an older actor that just looks like a kid) who wants to become a
champion free skier so that he can beat these rich snot nosed punk free
skiers that currently dominate the local free ski scene.

Kid meets up with Tai Chi instructor that convinces him that he can be
the best if he uses his training methods. Guy has kid doing stuff like
waxing his entire quiver of skis ("wax on, wax off"), etc, etc.

Kid goes on to win local competitions, wins the girl, gets sponsored by
K2 and life is great!

Everybody starts Tai Chi Skiing after seeing the movie. Of course
there is part 2, part 3, etc.

What do you think?
--
Marty

Sorry taichiskiing. I mean yea, I think practicing Tai Chi is great
for strength and balance and it can help with your skiing abilities.
But, that's it.

Old November 8th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Marty wrote:
The title is "Tai Chi Kid" and it's about a young novice skier (played
by an older actor that just looks like a kid) who wants to become a
champion free skier so that he can beat these rich snot nosed punk free
skiers that currently dominate the local free ski scene.

Kid meets up with Tai Chi instructor that convinces him that he can be
the best if he uses his training methods. Guy has kid doing stuff like
waxing his entire quiver of skis ("wax on, wax off"), etc, etc.

Kid goes on to win local competitions, wins the girl, gets sponsored by
K2 and life is great!

Everybody starts Tai Chi Skiing after seeing the movie. Of course
there is part 2, part 3, etc.

What do you think?

Is there a giant monster that attacks Vail? If there is, I am so seeing
that movie.

//Walt
Old November 8th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

Walt wrote:
Marty wrote:
The title is "Tai Chi Kid" and it's about a young novice skier (played
by an older actor that just looks like a kid) who wants to become a
champion free skier so that he can beat these rich snot nosed punk free
skiers that currently dominate the local free ski scene.

Kid meets up with Tai Chi instructor that convinces him that he can be
the best if he uses his training methods. Guy has kid doing stuff like
waxing his entire quiver of skis ("wax on, wax off"), etc, etc.

Kid goes on to win local competitions, wins the girl, gets sponsored by
K2 and life is great!

Everybody starts Tai Chi Skiing after seeing the movie. Of course
there is part 2, part 3, etc.

What do you think?

Is there a giant monster that attacks Vail? If there is, I am so seeing
that movie.

Now there is! But get this, it's a friendly monster that blows powder
snow instead of fire. So, they hire the monster (who gets sponsored by
Head Skis) and pay it big bucks to keep Vail open year round. However,
MOST skiers are afraid of the monster and refuse to ski Vail, so Vail
is never crowded even after Vail management reduces lift ticket prices
to $30 in an effort to attract skiers. Vail management realizes that
they have to get rid of the monster in order to make money so they hire
the Tai Chi kid to kill it. The monster climbs to the top of the Vail
Clock Tower where the Tai Chi Kid tires to kill it by throwing down
sick Tai Chi free ski maneuvers at it's head. Several other free
skiers are caught mid-air and crushed to death my the monster in their
attempt to kill it. In the end, the monster is dead, everything is
back to normal (Vail is crowded and expensive) and people are skiing
the right way again.
--
Marty

Old November 8th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Marty wrote:
The title is "Tai Chi Kid" and it's about a young novice skier (played
by an older actor that just looks like a kid) who wants to become a
champion free skier so that he can beat these rich snot nosed punk free
skiers that currently dominate the local free ski scene.

Kid meets up with Tai Chi instructor that convinces him that he can be
the best if he uses his training methods. Guy has kid doing stuff like
waxing his entire quiver of skis ("wax on, wax off"), etc, etc.

Kid goes on to win local competitions, wins the girl, gets sponsored by
K2 and life is great!

Everybody starts Tai Chi Skiing after seeing the movie. Of course
there is part 2, part 3, etc.

What do you think?

Cliché, but it will work, given Taichi Skiing's elegant style,
graceful forms, and esthetic presentation.

--
Marty

Sorry taichiskiing. I mean yea, I think practicing Tai Chi is great
for strength and balance and it can help with your skiing abilities.
But, that's it.

No sweat. Few see beyond the fact that "strength and balance" is the
base/foundation of good skiing.

Tai Chi Skiing is not just an external technique, but also, and more
importantly, is in its inner discipline: how you perceive the
environments that surrounded you, how you move your body efficiently to
achieve the desired results, which means how to move your body
internally to balance the forces that come from the ground/snow and the
turning forces, etc., etc. As you can see, Taichi Skiing has no "fixed"
forms; all it presents is the moment of the balanced state mind and
body--harmonized Yin and Yang--at the highest form, a "natural" body
reflected the balanced state of gravity. That's the realm of Taichi
Skiing. Speed is just a by-product of do/ski it efficiently.

IS

Old November 8th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
Marty wrote:

Kid goes on to win local competitions, wins the girl, gets sponsored by
K2 and life is great!

That figures. They slap K2s together in China nowadays.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old November 8th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Walt wrote:

Is there a giant monster that attacks Vail? If there is, I am so seeing
that movie.

No! No! Ecoterrorists with gasoline and bics!
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old November 8th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article .com,
"taichiskiing" wrote:

Marty wrote:
The title is "Tai Chi Kid" and it's about a young novice skier (played
by an older actor that just looks like a kid) who wants to become a
champion free skier so that he can beat these rich snot nosed punk free
skiers that currently dominate the local free ski scene.

Kid meets up with Tai Chi instructor that convinces him that he can be
the best if he uses his training methods. Guy has kid doing stuff like
waxing his entire quiver of skis ("wax on, wax off"), etc, etc.

Kid goes on to win local competitions, wins the girl, gets sponsored by
K2 and life is great!

Everybody starts Tai Chi Skiing after seeing the movie. Of course
there is part 2, part 3, etc.

What do you think?

Clich?, but it will work, given Taichi Skiing's elegant style,
graceful forms, and esthetic presentation.

Please.

In your video of you on a wide open slope with no more than gentle blue
pitch I can see three times when you almost lose your balance in the
first 15 seconds.

Why do we never see any clips of you on anything steep?

--
'It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix.'
"It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix'

'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
Old November 8th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 23:13:22 GMT, Alan Baker
wrote:

Why do we never see any clips of you on anything steep?

Is that a rhetorical question, or a koan?

bw
Old November 9th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

taichiskiing wrote:

No sweat. Few see beyond the fact that "strength and balance" is the
base/foundation of good skiing.

I'm with you there for sure. Agree 100%.

Tai Chi Skiing is not just an external technique, but also, and more
importantly, is in its inner discipline: how you perceive the
environments that surrounded you, how you move your body efficiently to
achieve the desired results, which means how to move your body
internally to balance the forces that come from the ground/snow and the
turning forces, etc., etc. As you can see, Taichi Skiing has no "fixed"
forms; all it presents is the moment of the balanced state mind and
body--harmonized Yin and Yang--at the highest form, a "natural" body
reflected the balanced state of gravity. That's the realm of Taichi
Skiing. Speed is just a by-product of do/ski it efficiently.

Whoa! That's pretty deep for me. But, I've been on lifts with guys
that will pull out a bowl, light up and smoke all the way up. I think
they are trying to achieve what you do with Tai Chi Skiing. Not sure
what they call it though. Maybe High Chi Skiing?
--
Marty

Old November 9th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Alan Baker wrote:

Why do we never see any clips of you on anything steep?

You are so mean. Anything steeper than the flats in the videos and he'd
strangle himself tangling his waving arms around his own neck.