meribal, france

Old July 20th 04, 09:53 PM
woody

Default meribal, france

looking for info on lodging and skiing
at meribal and tres valle .
happy trails,
woody

Old July 21st 04, 01:46 PM
Roger

"woody" wrote in message .. .
looking for info on lodging and skiing
at meribal and tres valle .
happy trails,
woody

www.meribel.com

'Meribel ' - not 'Meribal'
Old July 21st 04, 01:54 PM
Nigel

Chalet City , Awful place , over run with Brits & that was in 1980 so
god knows what its like now :-)

Old July 21st 04, 04:34 PM
Hywel

In article , Nigel says...
woody wrote:
looking for info on lodging and skiing
at meribal and tres valle .
happy trails,
woody

Chalet City , Awful place , over run with Brits & that was in 1980 so
god knows what its like now :-)

I gather the last of the French were exiled in 2003. A chap at work
stayed in La Tania this April and reckons it was brilliant.

--
Hywel

http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/
Old July 22nd 04, 10:19 AM
Roger

Chalet City ,

Er, so concrete block self catering apartments like Les Menuires or
Val Thorens are preferable?

Awful place , over run with Brits & that was in 1980 so
god knows what its like now :-)

Well it was built by the British...

Still very British but at least the down-to-earth type unlike
Courchevel. Mottaret is a far better bet.
Old July 22nd 04, 01:27 PM
Nigel

Roger wrote:
Chalet City ,

I was refering to the "Chalet Holiday Concept" .

Er, so concrete block self catering apartments like Les Menuires or
Val Thorens are preferable?

They still there, I stayed in Les Menuires in the late 70's. They were
Ugly then. Im surprised the French haven't raised them to the ground by
now . They must look worse than a abandoned Soviet Tenement Block now :-)

Awful place , over run with Brits & that was in 1980 so
god knows what its like now :-)

Well it was built by the British...

Still very British but at least the down-to-earth type unlike
Courchevel. Mottaret is a far better bet.

I may go back to France one day to Ski. Hopefully when they take out all
the lifts,stop the brutal grooming and give the mountains back to skiers ;-)

Old July 22nd 04, 01:36 PM
Brian

Hywel wrote in message et...

I gather the last of the French were exiled in 2003. A chap at work
stayed in La Tania this April and reckons it was brilliant.

Hmmm, yes and no on La Tania. Brilliant for skiing, ski to the door
and access Courchevel or Meribel in a couple of lifts and pretty cheap
by 3V standards but it's very small so the choice of bars, restaurants
etc is limited to say the least.

Not recommended for bon viveurs or serious party animals.

Brian
Old July 22nd 04, 03:07 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Brian :
and access Courchevel or Meribel in a couple of lifts and pretty cheap
by 3V standards but it's very small so the choice of bars, restaurants
etc is limited to say the least.

Not recommended for bon viveurs or serious party animals.

Sounds perfect for me then - someone who goes to ski, maybe get a feeling
for the true local culture (?), and doesn't have the energy left for much
else after a hard full day's skiing.

Adrian (never skied in France because of nightlife reputation and ugly
resorts)

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old July 22nd 04, 05:13 PM
PG

"Nigel" wrote in message

| I may go back to France one day to Ski. Hopefully when they take out
all
| the lifts,stop the brutal grooming and give the mountains back to
skiers ;-)

Not enough off-piste for you in the largest ski areas in the world?
Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

Old July 22nd 04, 06:27 PM
Nigel

PG wrote:
"Nigel" wrote in message

| I may go back to France one day to Ski. Hopefully when they take out
all
| the lifts,stop the brutal grooming and give the mountains back to
skiers ;-)

Not enough off-piste for you in the largest ski areas in the world?
Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

This is off-piste skiing :-)
http://www.himachal.com/