last season's elan integra 6.0 skis?

Old August 16th 03, 11:55 PM
Monique Y. Herman

Default last season's elan integra 6.0 skis?

Hello all ...

I was just wondering whether anyone has opinions on the skis mentioned
in the title. After not having skied for a couple of years, my old
178cm K2 Powers were just no fun anymore (read: I have no thigh muscle
anymore), so I hit the local ski shop for some shorter skis that would
let me have fun while I regained some of the (marginal) skill I once
had. Falling on blue terrain that I know I could have handled easily a
few years ago is just depressing.

Long story short, the shop only had a few of last season's skis in the
intermediate range as well as an appropriate length (I'm 5'5). I ended
up walking out with 160cm Elan Integra 6.0s, which the salesguy
described as a bit stiffer than he would recommend ideally; he said that
the 18cm difference would have significantly more impact than the
stiffness of the ski.

I know that demo'ing is the ideal, but after so much time off the snow,
I'm not sure that I could tell the difference among various intermediate
skis of the same length.

I bought 'em for about $260 and I have 7 days to change my mind (gonna
have my old bindings mounted to them in a few weeks).

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

-- monique

Old August 17th 03, 02:00 AM
Jay Pique

On 16 Aug 2003 23:55:01 GMT, "Monique Y. Herman"
wrote:

[...]

When asking for ski advice here it's customary to post a picture of
yourself in orange shorts and a white tank top so that your specific
physiology can be accurately matched with the appropriate ski. Of
course you could just email me directly as well, and I'll be glad to
help.

Sincerely,
JP

Old August 17th 03, 04:05 AM
The Real Bev

Jay Pique wrote:

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote:

[...]

It sounds like we have similar requirements. I used 195cm K2 MSLs (bought
at a yard sale, like all the rest of my ski stuff) until last year, when I
rented some modern Rossi (cheap) skis in 160 and 170 lengths. The day was
like a miracle. I couldn't tell which I liked better, but both were
orders of magnitude easier to run than the MSLs. The next time was one of
those days when everything goes wrong, even with everything the same as
previously. Third time was fair to middling. Accordingly, I figure it
really doesn't matter WHAT modern skis I use as long as the length is
roughly appropriate. Now if they'd just start showing up at yard sales...

I bought 'em for about $260 and I have 7 days to change my mind (gonna
have my old bindings mounted to them in a few weeks).

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

When asking for ski advice here it's customary to post a picture of
yourself in orange shorts and a white tank top so that your specific
physiology can be accurately matched with the appropriate ski. Of
course you could just email me directly as well, and I'll be glad to
help.

Pay no attention to that Horvath-imitator hiding behind the curtain,
Monique. The group is generally quiet over the weekend, most participants
having actual lives, but come next week someone will be sure to offer a
suggestion. Perhaps even Jay here...

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old August 17th 03, 11:25 PM
Monique Y. Herman

Jay Pique wrote:

When asking for ski advice here it's customary to post a picture of
yourself in orange shorts and a white tank top so that your specific
physiology can be accurately matched with the appropriate ski. Of
course you could just email me directly as well, and I'll be glad to
help.

Sincerely,
JP

I have no doubt that is the custom, but unfortunately I possess no
orange shorts and can't imagine that such a thing has been on the market
since perhaps the 1980s =/ I guess I'll have to throw myself on the
mercy of the court, er, group.

On a more serious note, I don't expect anyone to be able to tell me
whether this ski is perfect for me. I'm just wondering if anyone has
had any experience at all with them, and if so, was it good or bad? I
did a google search on variations of "ski elan integra 6.0" and found
not a single review ... which in itself weirds me out a bit.

-- monique

Old August 18th 03, 02:55 PM
Mike Yetsko

When asking for ski advice here it's customary to post a picture of
yourself in orange shorts and a white tank top so that your specific
physiology can be accurately matched with the appropriate ski. Of
course you could just email me directly as well, and I'll be glad to
help.

I have no doubt that is the custom, but unfortunately I possess no
orange shorts and can't imagine that such a thing has been on the market
since perhaps the 1980s =/ I guess I'll have to throw myself on the
mercy of the court, er, group.

I'll bet he also wants you to pose in white go-go boots!