Jackson Hole Sucks

Old January 30th 04, 02:51 AM
Jeff Davis

Default Jackson Hole Sucks

In article ,
AstroPax wrote:
On 29 Jan 2004 04:34:20 GMT, (Jeff Davis)
wrote:
But dude, the same people live here year 'round. Hope you're getting
some sick shots.

Problem is, your "extraordinary" ski community morphs into an
"extraordinary" tourist trap come spring.

I consider community to be the people who live here. Yes, 4 1/2 Million
people come here every year who wish they had what it takes to live here.
Then again, those visitor's cars look like a little tiny trail of ants from
12,000'. There are a lot of places besides the Exum hut on the lower saddle
to bivy and climb. Those 4 1/2 million visitors make it extremely easy to
make money here. Extremely easy.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 02:53 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:
Remember, I live in an extrordinary ski community.

But unpretentious, right?

Yeah. We're Wyoming boys. It don't get more down to earth than that.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 02:58 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
AstroPax wrote:

Am I supposed to be impressed?

No. You are supposed to be skiing this fabulous snow since the Pineapple
Express set up. I do. Up to my knees in the back country. South east
aspects are bonding. I'm not jumping into any steep north facing aspects
for a while. Route finding and familiarity with the terrain are paying off.
The tourists are well advised to hire a guide this weekend.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 03:22 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
klaus wrote:
Then why did you say it? Buried surface hoar will never sublime. It's
impossible. It may go "sucrotic". (I still laugh everytime I think of
that word.)

You will find a robust discussion of sublimation on pages 47 and 161 in
McClung and Schaerer's _The_Avalanche_Handbook_. Buried surface hoar is
depth hoar. That's Newcomb's take on it, (Rod, not Mark, albeit the younger
Newcomb shares that contention). Sucrosic is an adjective that describes
loose, unconsolodated crystals as appearing like sugar. I've stuck my
fist in a layer of loose, unconsolodated, snow crystals, buried under hard,
consolidated snow slab.

Whatever, but you don't know **** about the triple point of water. Or,
it appears, snowpack or thermodynamics.

0 degrees C. Interesting that you bring that up since the vapor pressure
differential drives subliminal recrysalization. Did you know that the
saturation vapor pressure, (with respect to ice), in the pore space of a
snowpack increases by more than 300% as air temperature increases from
-15 to 0 degrees C?

You don't give a **** what the most experienced ski guides say. You don't
give a **** about snow pits. You skin into obscurity. Fine. Arrogance
has lead many to ski off into oblivion.

Any time you want to demonstrate your obtuse ignorance, I'm more than
happy to avail you the opportunity. Try to have fun klaus.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 03:24 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
BrritSki wrote:

But less about c*nts.

It's hard enough to get laid in a mountain town without you talking like
that. Where the **** do you think you are? Chamonix?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 03:31 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Walt wrote:
klaus wrote:
What do you do when you get a hard-on in your racing tights?

I'm sure it depends on whether it's his or somebody elses.

I don't wear racing tights, or underwear. I like days like today when the
powder is blowing between my legs giving me a hard on underneath my
Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech pants and my Mountian Hardwear FTX Ultra
Gore-Tex XCR on top. Then I have to ski with my dick poking me in the
belly button.

Today was a good day in the back country. The Avalanche Hazard was high.
The visibility was poor. Didn't see any tourists out there snooping around.
Everybody I saw was geared up and ready. No body skied or rode over the top
of me. The slough got outragous racing me down the fall line.

Yep. It was a Woody day alright.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 03:34 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
Walt wrote:
Puppets again. Did somebody crosspost to alt.sex.puppets?
How long before Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat show up?

You see where this is going, don't you?

No Kitty! This is *MY* pot pie. Thanks for making "Jackson Hole Sucks"
the #1 subject thread on rec.skiing.alpine- And I'm not even a recreational
skier! Thanks! And try to have fun.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 30th 04, 03:37 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:
OK, this calls for elaboration. I assume his knowledge of "snow
dynamics" ensues from treating victims of the dreaded "Ski pants crotch
split under strain on a deep snow day Doc - help!" syndrome?

I take it you get right coast babes in stretch pants out there in
Kreitlerville too. Or is is Squallywood, isn't that Heavenly. A
day at the beach! Getting deep in the "Hole." You?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Suggestions for accomodation in Jackson Hole Janet North American Ski Resorts 3 February 22nd 04 05:11 PM
Jackson Hole Switters Snowboarding 3 December 2nd 03 11:46 AM
Jackson Hole WY 2004 Ski rentals and snowmobiling? Spider North American Ski Resorts 1 November 19th 03 11:27 PM
Jackson Hole WY 2004 Ski rentals and snowmobiling? Spider Alpine Skiing 0 November 17th 03 04:30 PM
Jackson Hole Helen Montfort North American Ski Resorts 3 October 28th 03 03:12 PM