I couldn't resist another pair of skis

Old October 30th 20, 12:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default I couldn't resist another pair of skis

[Default] On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:30:14 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

So do I, but the whole batch cost $130 and included Goode carbon fiber
poles and some top-of-the-line Scott poles for a friend.

Do you buy used kleenex, too?

I buy a lot of stuff used, too. I often shop at Goodwill or the
Salvation Army Store. But I wouldn't buy used equipment over the
internet.

Neither would I. I used to get better prices at yard sales, but we
haven't gone to any of those for a long time. I bought my Lotta Luvs
from a nice lady after seeing the Craigslist ad. I really miss yard sales.

I do too. I used to go to garage sales in the 70's and buy comic
books. They're worth a fortune today.

I would have to see it first. I'm sure you didn't buy a
used car sight unseen.

Of course not, although this last purchase was totally atypical. I
looked at ads for a while and then decided to go out shopping. First
stop was the Toyota dealer to see what he had just to compare.

"I'm looking for a 3-year-old white Corolla."
"How about that one, it just came in this morning."

It looked pristine and had only 17,000 miles on the clock with a clean
Carfax report. I drove it around, including to the good mechanic that I
trust -- who said he'd looked at that car earlier in the day and was
thinking of buying it for his daughter. I didn't even lift the hood, I
just bought it.

I've NEVER bought a car from a dealer OR without checking everything
under the hood that I could -- color of fluids, leaks, etc. OR the first
car I looked at. So far so good. The only work I've had to do on it
was replace a tail-light bulb. I'm debating whether to replace the
front brake pads myself (a trivial job which I've done before) or just
pay someone else to do it. I really don't want to work on cars any
more, which is why I bought a Corolla. I'm kind of shocked that OEM
pads are down to 3mm after only 33K miles, but I guess that's close
enough to 40K to be within the ballpark.

I would change those pads right now. If they get down to the rivets
the rotors will be damaged.

And speaking of ballparks, how about them Dodgers?

Never heard of them. Unless the Tigers or the Indians are playing, I
just don't give a ****.

Old November 12th 20, 12:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

[Default] On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 17:31:07 -0800 (PST), "
wrote this crap:

Just got back from the shop with my new K2's.

used K2's.

Hung out for a while and bull****ted skiing,

Truly bull****ting.

ran into an old rsa friend I used to ski with twenty some years ago.

After 20 years his luck ran out.

Nothing like putting fresh boards in the Subaru and cruising around,

I can think of a lot better things.

New outfits, two new pairs of skis, two passes, life is goooooooood.

Until the cops or border patrol catches up with you.

Old November 13th 20, 03:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

[Default] On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 10:23:52 -0800 (PST),

wrote this crap:
Just got back from the shop with my new K2's.

used K2's.

New to me, Huggies. K2 Mindbender 99 Ti. Cherry condition,

Why? You only go on the green groomed slopes. It's like a guy who
can barely drive bumper cars buying a corvette that he doesn't need
and can't afford, to impress people he don't even like.

When was the last time YOU got a new pair of skis,

When was the last time you bought a new Harley?

Hung out for a while and bull****ted skiing,

Truly bull****ting.

You know, talking skiing. The shop guys love me, send them
a lot of business and always make an offering to the Gawd
s of the Shop, otherwise known as an annual half rack of PBR.

They tolerate you because you bring them beer. Behind your back
they're laughing at you.

Whereas you don't even have a ski shop in the ******** town you live in. Toledo.

Actually, we do.

ran into an old rsa friend I used to ski with twenty some years ago.

After 20 years his luck ran out.

Nothing like putting fresh boards in the Subaru and cruising around,

I can think of a lot better things.

That's because you don't have new skis or a Subaru.

I would never own a subaru. If someone gave me one, I'd have it
crushed.

But I will still ski more mountains on better gear in more
places than you will this year.

You should go back to your home country of Blowgaria.

Horvath

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Support the military, or else.
Old November 14th 20, 06:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

[Default] On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 20:06:24 -0800 (PST),
" wrote this crap:

You know, talking skiing. The shop guys love me, send them
a lot of business and always make an offering to the Gawd
s of the Shop, otherwise known as an annual half rack of PBR.

They tolerate you because you bring them beer. Behind your back
they're laughing at you.

Yeah, that's why I got the mount for half price. Every time.

Sure they do. Obviously another lie. I thought you mounted your own
skis. If they're used skis, aren't the holes already drilled?

Whereas you don't even have a ski shop in the ******** town you live in. Toledo.

Actually, we do.

******** Ski Shop, right?
Do they laugh when you bring your bunny skis in for a wax?

Don't need to and I file my own edges, too.

Ooops, you use Turtle wax. Make sure and tell them.

I don't need to. Why would I even go there?

That's because you don't have new skis or a Subaru.

I would never own a subaru. If someone gave me one, I'd have it
crushed.

That's because you are an idiot who doesn't go skiing.
Great cars when you live near mountains.

When you live near the mountains, a truly great vehicle is a Jeep.
Toledo is home of the Jeep.

But I will still ski more mountains on better gear in more
places than you will this year.

You should go back to your home country of Blowgaria.

Nah, I'd run into too many of your relatives, especially if
I went there through your home country, Huggiestan.

Naw, my home country is Horvathopia. Yours is Trunkyvania.

Old November 14th 20, 08:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker[_4_]

On 2020-11-14 11:59 a.m., wrote:
hithole Ski Shop, right?
Do they laugh when you bring your bunny skis in for a wax?

Don't need to and I file my own edges, too.

Base structure. You don't have a clue.

Terminal intermediates don't need to worry about "base structure".
Old November 14th 20, 09:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker[_4_]

On 2020-11-14 11:59 a.m., wrote:
hithole Ski Shop, right?
Do they laugh when you bring your bunny skis in for a wax?
Don't need to and I file my own edges, too.
Base structure. You don't have a clue.

Terminal intermediates don't need to worry about "base structure".

Actually, Baker, I am quite spoiled. I tune and wax my own and I can certainly tell the difference when my skis need a grind.

Please. You couldn't tell is one was waxed and the other wasn't.

But that's a good structure. Let me try it.
Terminal liars don't need truth unless they are actually making a false police report.
Terminal cowards don't need balls, and obviously, you've never had the balls to stalk me in the real world.
Terminal nutjobs don't need sanity.
Look at the bright side, bitch. I won't have the opportunity to humiliate you and prove your cowardice at Whistler this year. Or give you the opportunity to compound the humiliation with your sick, cowardly games.
Hey, Mad Dog? Thought about you the other day. Found a wallet in the NSCC parking lot and since I was in the neighborhood, stopped by the cop shop and turned it in. Had a nice conversation with a few of them giving sympathy for all the undeserved **** they are getting.
You know, the same pleasant conversation I would have if you followed through on your empty threat to REPORT ME!!!!!!!
Off your meds again, eh, freak? Go **** yourself. Pleasure insulting you.

You mean the pleasant conversation you're not willing to have with me
present?

Why is that again?
Old November 14th 20, 10:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker[_4_]

On 2020-11-14 11:59 a.m., wrote:
hithole Ski Shop, right? Do they laugh when you bring
your bunny skis in for a wax?
Don't need to and I file my own edges, too.
Base structure. You don't have a clue.

Terminal intermediates don't need to worry about "base
structure".

Actually, Baker, I am quite spoiled. I tune and wax my own and I
can certainly tell the difference when my skis need a grind.

Please. You couldn't tell is one was waxed and the other wasn't.

Show up in person and find out, freak. Please. Ooooops, I can sure
tell that you don't have a pair.

Ooops.

That would require you giving a precise time and place to show up...

....something you're too much of a pussy to ever do.

[...]

Because you are insane and that is a truly crazy idea. I want the
cops to be fully informed about rsa, and you are terrified of being
exposed, which is why you won't report me.

And you can fully inform them with me present, Scottie.

I want them to read your
insane posts and witness your insane stalking, along with laughing at
your pathetic cowardice.

And they can't do that while we're there?

You get to pick any post of mine you want them to see.

Once that happens, I will set an
appointment myself, I want to see you arrested for making a false
police report.

How would reporting what you've actually posted be "false", Scottie?

Why won't you have that pleasant conversation yourself
like a normal human being, and report me for the crime you claim I
committed?

I've told you I will... ...if you'll accompany me to the station.

:-)

Only an insane nut job like you would demand police
protection so he can spew his **** in person.

I'm not demanding protection, Scottie.

If I wanted the ultimate protection from you when reporting your
threats, I would NOT invite you.

You sure as hell are
not and never will be man enough to do so in person. Proven time and
time again. REPORT ME!!!!!! Down on the ground like the Mad Dog you
are at WHISTLER!!!!! You are insane. Disgusting. Despicable. Vile.
Cowardly. Alan Baker. Go **** yourself, bitch. Invoking Baker
rule. You are obviously still insane.

You cannot provide a single time you've ever actually given me a precise
time and place to meet you, Scottie...

....and you know it.