anyone do the Gatineua Loppet?

Old February 17th 09, 08:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default anyone do the Gatineua Loppet?

Sounds like it was super-fast conditions, and not cold.
Old February 17th 09, 09:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default anyone do the Gatineau Loppet?

Sounds like it was super-fast conditions, and not cold.

Old February 17th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
highpeaksnordic

On Feb 17, 5:14*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Sounds like it was super-fast conditions, and not cold.

Peru Nordic was there and took home some hardware!

http://windbriefs.wordpress.com/
Old February 18th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Eddy Rapid

wrote:
Sounds like it was super-fast conditions, and not cold.

That is what it was. The weather was perfect: not too cold, and not
too hot: -10C to -5C with a bit of wind. They had to change the course
to the Parkways because of in-the-woods trails being too icy because
of a major thaw-refreeze couple of days before. The snow was abrasive
as there was machine rilled ice on top, yet very fast. Funny, how
dismal things were looking on the Thursday before with +10C and rain.
You never know, untill you're skiing on it...

I believe the conditions were about 3-4km/h faster than last year.
The skate winner, Thomas Freimuth of Germany, finished in 2:06: vs
Babikov's finish in 2:21 last year, though it was also a different
course, of course.

I did the 5K classic race on Saturday with my seven year old and she
beat me by a second ;-) Then I did the 53K skate on Sunday and was
quite happy with being over an hour faster than last year, and moving
up a bit in my age group. But I was mainly happy to particiapte with
friends and family in a well run event over a lovely weekend with the
chance to meet skiers from all over the world: one of the advantages
of the Gatineau Loppet being part of the World Loppet series.

For some nice race reports take a look at: www.xcottawa.ca

A la prochaine!

Parham
..

Lake Placid Loppet (NY) on Feb 10 (?) Ken Roberts Nordic Skiing 7 February 8th 07 05:41 PM
Looking for European Loppet partner(s) Gene Goldenfeld Nordic Skiing 1 June 30th 06 10:23 AM
Vasa Loppet dardruba Nordic Skiing 1 February 25th 06 11:50 AM
LP Loppet Postponed - Again! [email protected] Nordic Skiing 2 February 1st 06 10:15 PM
Loppet shmedlap Backcountry Skiing 16 December 6th 03 11:23 AM