TAHOE

Old October 26th 03, 02:24 AM
ElizabethSmart1

Default TAHOE

Tahoe a couple weeks ago with my thoughts and recommendations. I have taken
some time to speak with you, Laura, Linda and Leslie regarding the objectives
and procedural issues surrounding Tahoe and offer the following:

First of all, it is very clear to me that everyone wants to achieve family
harmony surrounding these objectives and procedural issues. I am confident
this harmony can be achieved with good communication and the establishment of
mutual expectations.

Second, no one wants you to have second thoughts about gifting the cabin
because no. 1) it was a wonderful thing for you to do, no. 2) it protects
family assets from future taxation and no. 3) it underscores the need for all
of us to share in the cabin operating expenses.

Therefore, thank you for gifting the cabin. I suspect the anxiety felt had
everything to do with understanding the scope of the added financial
responsibility for the cabin operating expenses.

Thirdly, even though the gifting process has begun, everyone recognizes you
will continue to have preferential use of the cabin. The family can develop a
schedule around the stated times you want to use it.

With that being said, let me list the objectives and some procedural issues on
the cabin.

· Divide the cabin’s annual net loss or profit evenly between all
four
families. This is now estimated between $1500 and $2000 per year per family.

· Incremental variable expenses consisting of water, electricity, telephone
and gas should be paid by the family members and/or friends who use the cabin.
This does not have to be a complicated formula but rather a means to make it
fair for the families who do not make use of the cabin as much as others.
Without looking at the actual figures, I would suggest a figure of $3-$5 per
person per night type of thing. Cleaning would remain the responsibility of
the family using the cabin.

· Develop a means to discuss and approve cabin upgrades and allocate the
cost
for these upgrades to all four families or out of any operating surplus.

· Reserve the cabin for family during holidays and family vacations
throughout
the
year. I have listed some of these times below.

o Winter/Spring
§ Pre Christmas Week
§ Christmas/New Years Week
§ Martin Luther King Weekend
§ Presidents Weekend
§ Ski Week
§ Spring Break

o Summer/Fall
§ Memorial Weekend
§ 4th of July Weekend
§ Labor Day Weekend
§ Thanksgiving Week
§ Available Family Vacation time

· Establish a revolving priority selection process for specific times during

the year so each family will have the opportunity to use the cabin during
standard holidays such as Presidents’ Day weekend, Ski Week, Labor Day,
Memorial Day, Christmas and New Years. I propose the selection process could
occur every August/September for the Fall/Winter season, after we all have the
kids school schedules and every April/May after summer schedules are
established.

· Maintain the cabin schedule on an electronic calendar, which can be
updated
on a weekly basis and emailed to all the families and any realtors involved.
This responsibility for the updating of the calendar will rotate to each family

from year to year. I have offered to keep the calendar from January 2002- May
2003.

· Now that the net operating expenses are covered by the entire family, we
can
minimize the time the cabin is rented and make it more available for family and

friends. For instance, we may want to offer the cabin to families we have
rented to in the past but not spend our precious time trying to rent it, or
coordinate its rental, to the general market place.

· To assist with cabin management and in light of your tendency to travel, I

am willing to maintain an electronic record of cabin finances on Microsoft
Money and take responsibility for the payment of bills throughout the year.

I look forward to your feedback. I am confident the seven of us, who
essentially run our businesses, can work this out to everyone’s
satisfaction.
I have also attached the current cabin calendar for your review.

Old October 26th 03, 03:56 AM
AstroPax

On 26 Oct 2003 02:24:05 GMT, (ElizabethSmart1)
wrote:

Tahoe a couple weeks ago with my thoughts and recommendations. I have taken
some time to speak with you, Laura, Linda and Leslie regarding the objectives
and procedural issues surrounding Tahoe and offer the following:

Dear Liz, my darling,

I just realized that I don't have any pictures of you, Laura, Linda,
or Leslie. See "Horvath" for appropriate photo attire, and then
please send the pictures to me ASAP!

First of all, it is very clear to me that everyone wants to achieve family
harmony surrounding these objectives and procedural issues.

I think there are better ways for us to achieve "Family Harmony".

Maybe all of us should just go and see a family counselor, together.

I am confident
this harmony can be achieved with good communication and the establishment of
mutual expectations.

Yes, Liz, I agree 100%. Good communication is VERY important. That's
why I really like the idea of you posting this proposal to usenet.

Second, no one wants you to have second thoughts about gifting the cabin
because no. 1) it was a wonderful thing for you to do, no. 2) it protects
family assets from future taxation and no. 3) it underscores the need for all
of us to share in the cabin operating expenses.

Wow Liz! You are brilliant !! You got yourself a free cabin.

I'm really glad you didn't suggest the alternative...like for me to
sell the place at a profit, taking the money, and then running like
hell...to the Caribbean.

Therefore, thank you for gifting the cabin. I suspect the anxiety felt had
everything to do with understanding the scope of the added financial
responsibility for the cabin operating expenses.

No, no, no. Those anxiety attacks I was having were actually caused
by the fact that YOUR cabin has a ****load of leans against it.

Thirdly, even though the gifting process has begun, everyone recognizes you
will continue to have preferential use of the cabin. The family can develop a
schedule around the stated times you want to use it.

"Preferential use" ?? Wow, thanks Liz! Your not as much of a bitch
as Laura says you are.

Well then. Key word "around". Like around, but not including Nov 1st
through April 15th.

With that being said, let me list the objectives and some procedural issues on
the cabin.

For crying out loud! More objectives and issues???

The hell with it, Liz. Let's just have fun and leave the financial
and maintenance stuff to the lawyers, accountants, and handy-man.

· Divide the cabin’s annual net loss or profit evenly between all
four
families. This is now estimated between $1500 and $2000 per year per family.

Bull****. Sounds too much like the Democratic line. Those of you
that use it the most should pay more $$. We will not have any of this
"re-distribution" of wealth nonsense in my old cabin!.

· Incremental variable expenses consisting of water, electricity, telephone
and gas should be paid by the family members and/or friends who use the cabin.

Yea, but what if Linda likes the temp in the cabin to be 80 degrees
in the winter, but I like it to be 60 degrees in the winter. Should
she not have to pay more for heating costs????

Also, Leslie never washes the sheets after having sloppy sex with her
clients. Why should I have to clean-up after her mess when she is
the one getting paid to have fun???

And that damned Laura, she always takes hot showers in excess of an
hour. I don't know exactly what she is doing in there, I can only
imagine. But whatever it is, it's a waste of hot water. Why should I
have to pay for her excesses???

And you! What about you! What's up with all those unpaid long
distance calls to Italy??? (Are you still having an affair with that
Italian guy?)

This does not have to be a complicated formula but rather a means to make it
fair for the families who do not make use of the cabin as much as others.

Fine! I'm leaving the heat set to 90 degrees continuously, and the
front door wide open. Lets see you "fairly formulate" that one!

Without looking at the actual figures, I would suggest a figure of $3-$5 per
person per night type of thing. Cleaning would remain the responsibility of
the family using the cabin.

Per person??? What if I have 10 guests? That's a whopping $100 just
for one night stay in a mice infested, leaky cabin. Not fair.

BTW, there is a dead raccoon under the sink.

· Develop a means to discuss and approve cabin upgrades and allocate the
cost
for these upgrades to all four families or out of any operating surplus.

I suggest we use this newsgroup rec.sking.alpine as the forum for any
future discussions relative to cabin upgrades and budget line items.

· Reserve the cabin for family during holidays and family vacations
throughout
the
year. I have listed some of these times below.

o Winter/Spring
§ Pre Christmas Week
§ Christmas/New Years Week
§ Martin Luther King Weekend
§ Presidents Weekend
§ Ski Week
§ Spring Break

o Summer/Fall
§ Memorial Weekend
§ 4th of July Weekend
§ Labor Day Weekend
§ Thanksgiving Week
§ Available Family Vacation time

Sounds good, Liz. I hereby claim the entire period between Nov 1st
and April 15th.

That is the "stated time" that I want to use it. Now, work that
scheduling magic, baby.

· Establish a revolving priority selection process for specific times during
the year so each family will have the opportunity to use the cabin during
standard holidays such as Presidents’ Day weekend, Ski Week, Labor Day,
Memorial Day, Christmas and New Years. I propose the selection process could
occur every August/September for the Fall/Winter season, after we all have the
kids school schedules and every April/May after summer schedules are
established.

Great idea Liz! Sounds good.

BTW, Nov 1st through April 15th is blacked-out.

· Maintain the cabin schedule on an electronic calendar, which can be
updated
on a weekly basis and emailed to all the families and any realtors involved.
This responsibility for the updating of the calendar will rotate to each family
from year to year. I have offered to keep the calendar from January 2002- May
2003.

Another great idea. As a reminder, go ahead and leave Nov 1st through
April 15th off of this calender...those dates are blacked-outt.

· Now that the net operating expenses are covered by the entire family, we
can
minimize the time the cabin is rented and make it more available for family and

friends. For instance, we may want to offer the cabin to families we have
rented to in the past but not spend our precious time trying to rent it, or
coordinate its rental, to the general market place.

Another great idea, Liz. Oh, BTW, don't worry about renting the cabin
between Nov 1st and April 15th...already taken care of.

· To assist with cabin management and in light of your tendency to travel, I
am willing to maintain an electronic record of cabin finances on Microsoft
Money and take responsibility for the payment of bills throughout the year.

Microsoft Money?

Liz, I really don't like the sound of that software!

Maybe I should just invest my money in something like Enron Corp
instead...it's probably safer.

I look forward to your feedback. I am confident the seven of us, who
essentially run our businesses, can work this out to everyone’s
satisfaction.
I have also attached the current cabin calendar for your review.

Ummm...for some reason I didn't receive the attachment. Please
re-transmit.

Thanks!

Your Cabin Pal, Astro