Hand injury due to straps in first RS outing... rats...

Old September 28th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Hand injury due to straps in first RS outing... rats...

I went skate-RSing for a half hour for the first time this season a
couple days ago. Carbon poles. Swix cork grips and SR2001 straps.

It's been hard for me to pick things up ever since---I feel a strain in
and between the first and second first-knuckles (where fingers leave
hand).

I was kind of energetic. It was great to get out there!

I notice that I fairly often get hand/joint/tendon strains from skiing.
Is it inevitable with all that hammering on the hands in straps? Do
folks just try different set-ups til they find one that works? Are some
set-ups known to be great on hands?

--JP