Jay Peak, VT....anyone been??

Old February 10th 05, 03:05 PM
monk

Default Jay Peak, VT....anyone been??

I looking to go up to Jay Peak to do some late east coast
riding.....probably in the first week of march.....

Has anyone been there this year??

How were the conditions??

There is a possibility of 16 inches in the next few days with more to come
in the following week.......

If not Jay, where would you go on the east coast.....specifically in
vermont.

Later,

Pete

Old February 11th 05, 05:44 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

"monk" wrote in news:lLKOd.11788$wK.9062
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I looking to go up to Jay Peak to do some late east coast
riding.....probably in the first week of march...

Thats not *that* late!

Has anyone been there this year??

I've not, but another guy on the group has earlier in
the season.

How were the conditions??

He said they were good (then). But its been a tough winter
in central and northern VT this year snow wise (little) and
temp wise (1st week jan very warm, then extreme cold (-15+),
now warm again the past week).

There is a possibility of 16 inches in the next few days with more
to come in the following week.......

Here in the Sugarbush area we have about a foot and it looks about
done from the radar. On the mountain theres about 15-17.

If not Jay, where would you go on the east coast.....specifically
in vermont.

Well if you are not having to lock in a place to stay, I would decide
as late as possible. The big snow a few weeks back that hit NYC and
Boston got Mt. Snow, but very little further north. Othertimes Jay
will get dumped on and nobody else gets anything.

Also, it depends what you are looking for and time of week. K-Mart
can be a zoo on weekends (not to be outdone, Jay has the Cram). If
you want short lift lines, Sugarbush can't be beat. Its about the
same size as Stowe and has some challenging runs. If you are all
about park and pipe I'm guessing mt. snow, K or Stratton, but
thats not really my thing.

But I think cover will be the #1 issue the rest of the winter,
your best bet might be to ring around to a few shops before you
go and feel out who is in the best shape.