ObSki: another run with flatboarding

Old May 25th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

Default ObSki: another run with flatboarding

In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:

VtSkier wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:

(snip)

If I ever met VtSkier, I'd immediately buy him a pitcher of his
beverage of choice, but whether or not you happen to ski faster than
him, particularly on your "home mountain" doesn't really mean much.

(snip)

Dave

Where shall we meet?

Truckee.

Ah Hell, my California friends have moved away and I don't go to Truckee
anymore. I miss your Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. I loved that place.

The first time I ever boarded in real powder was a Sugar. I really like
your town.

Dave
Old May 25th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"Dave Cartman" wrote in message
In article . com,
taichiskiing wrote:

Here's the thread, good read,
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...ghlight=taichi

Thank you. I now realize everything I have said to you has been
said
before.

And said before - and said before. And never heard.

Just as he cannot communicate, he cannot comprehend.
I suspect he never will.

Bob

Old May 25th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:

(snip)

If I ever met VtSkier, I'd immediately buy him a pitcher of his
beverage of choice, but whether or not you happen to ski faster than
him, particularly on your "home mountain" doesn't really mean much.

(snip)

Dave

Where shall we meet?

Truckee.

Sounds like a plan.
Urquel?
Old May 25th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default Planning next winter (was: ObSki: another run with flatboarding)

Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:

VtSkier wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:

(snip)
If I ever met VtSkier, I'd immediately buy him a pitcher of his
beverage of choice, but whether or not you happen to ski faster than
him, particularly on your "home mountain" doesn't really mean much.
(snip)
Dave
Where shall we meet?

Truckee.

Ah Hell, my California friends have moved away and I don't go to Truckee
anymore. I miss your Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. I loved that place.

The first time I ever boarded in real powder was a Sugar. I really like
your town.

Dave

I think we have just encountered "thread creep".

LAL, I don't think we went to the restaurant Dave
speaks of, but I've heard of such. Isn't that were
they cook up a donkey and everybody gets a
piece of a..?
Old May 25th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

VtSkier wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:

I miss your Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. I loved
that place.

LAL, I don't think we went to the restaurant Dave
speaks of, but I've heard of such. Isn't that were
they cook up a donkey and everybody gets a
piece of a..?

If only it were that good. There's a Mongolian Barbecue joint in
every college town - you pick out the raw ingredients from a salad bar
like thingee and hand it over to some pimply-faced kid who dutifully
dumps it all into a wok and stirs it around until he's sure that
everything is completely overcooked.

In terms of cusine, it ranks somewhere between Swanson TV dinners and
the salad bar at the Old Country Buffet. But the beer is cold. At
least they've got that going for them

//Walt
Old May 25th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

CLIP
Where shall we meet?
Truckee.

Ah Hell, my California friends have moved away and I don't go to
Truckee anymore. I miss your Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. I loved
that place.

I know the place; over by Porters ski shop.

The first time I ever boarded in real powder was a Sugar. I really
like your town.

Sugar Bowl gets good snow, sho nuff.

I think we have just encountered "thread creep".

LAL, I don't think we went to the restaurant Dave
speaks of, but I've heard of such. Isn't that were
they cook up a donkey and everybody gets a
piece of a..?

No, it's where they fry up the head of a goat[*] which was tenderized by
being sewn into a leather sack and used as the ball in a polo match
using tough little Mongolian ponies.
[*]Sometimes it's the head of a captured enemy. But after being bashed
around in the polo match it's hard to tell visually. Tastes different, tho.
Old May 25th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 24, 2:39 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message
Skiing without poles reduces aerodynamic drag,

With your arms stuck straight out - I DON'T THINK SO!

What an idiot!

Bob

Maybe he studied aerodynamics with Jeff.

Old May 25th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 24, 5:44 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article . com,

taichiskiing wrote:
Here's the thread, good read,
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...ghlight=taichi

Thank you. I now realize everything I have said to you has been said
before.

Dave

Well, we didn't say this:

"The martial arts displayed are less impressive than his skiing. His
methods are exactly those of a conman, reverting to BS and rhetoric
when reason fails. At first I was tempted to let it slide as it was
was amusing and obvious to me that he could not ski and did not
understand physics as well as any of my general level grade 12
students, but now I see that he has enough knowledge to mislead those
people who are fool enough to follow him. His conman methods may not
work on some of us, but he is dangerous nontheless."

Old May 25th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

taichiskiing wrote:
Here's the thread, good read,
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...ghlight=taichi

Thank you. I now realize everything I have said to you
has been said before.

Yup, it proves that the little knowledge 'net bashers behave pretty
much the same all over the 'net.

IS

Dave

Old May 25th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

oups.com...

taichiskiing wrote:
Here's the thread, good read,
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...ghlight=taichi

Thank you. I now realize everything I have said to you
has been said before.

Yup, it proves that the little knowledge 'net bashers behave pretty
much the same all over the 'net.

Amazing how he can re-interpret everything to support himself. No -
the problem COULDN'T be himself - it must be everyone else in the
world that's messed up.

Bob