Flow Flight 3 binding highback won't stay down when open

Old March 4th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
MaKoRide

Default Flow Flight 3 binding highback won't stay down when open

I have been out twice riding new Flow Flight 3 bindings. The left
highback stays down when open and I can get my boot out easily. The
right highback pops back up and I have to hold it open. I ride a
regular stance so my right binding needs to be user friendly.

Possible solutions:

1) get another pair - Ski Market says these are working as designed
and no dice on a warrantee claim. They say some stay down and some
don't. Also they tell me these will break in and stay down later.

2) get better bindings - The floor display Flow M9 binding I looked at
had much more friction in the highback pivot and stayed open. Any
comments from owners?

3) repair what I have - Perhaps add a very thin plastic washer in the
pivot to increase friction?

4) switch right and left - Can I swap out the sole plates and straps
making left into right and vise versa?
Old March 7th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Sören Kreimeier

1) The F. really isn't a good binding in general. I wouldn't go below
the 5-Series Binding of Flow.

2) BUT: The "problem" with your highback is none. It's totally normal
that it comes up again. If it wouldn't come up again, it could "bite" in
the snow and you'd fall. At First (Flow AMP5) I had problems with this
issue (upcoming highback), too, but then I found the clou =)
Just try this: to step in the right binding when the highback is in
"up"-position, move the foot in front of the highback, push it with your
heel down (through moving the foot backwards) and slide in the binding.
You have to try this 10 to 15 times but then it's no problem and you can
handle it fast :-)

Greets!
Old March 7th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
MaKoRide

On Mar 7, 11:06*am, Sören Kreimeier
wrote:
1) The F. really isn't a good binding in general. I wouldn't go below
the 5-Series Binding of Flow.

2) BUT: The "problem" with your highback is none. It's totally normal
that it comes up again. If it wouldn't come up again, it could "bite" in
the snow and you'd fall. At First (Flow AMP5) I had problems with this
issue (upcoming highback), too, but then I found the clou =)
Just try this: to step in the right binding when the highback is in
"up"-position, move the foot in front of the highback, push it with your
heel down (through moving the foot backwards) and slide in the binding.
You have to try this 10 to 15 times but then it's no problem and you can
handle it fast :-)

Greets!

The problem is getting the foot out not in. When the highback is up my
boot can't move back and is stuck. It is hard for me to hold the
highback open and pull my foot back at the same time.

The highback "biting" in the snow when open won't cause me to fall
because I'm not moving when the bindings are open; only when they are
closed.

More persuading caused Ski Market to credited me the Flite 3 price
toward a pair of M9's. These stay open.

Old March 17th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
MaKoRide

I have ridden the M9's twice now and they are great. The highback
stays open without holding it and I can pull my foot out easily.
Several times I forgot to close the binding while in the lift line
with one foot out. The open highback "biting" in the snow is not
really a problem but it can catch on fence posts in the line so it is
best to get in the habit of closing it as soon as your foot is out.

I have ridden only a few different bindings but as far as performance
while riding these are as good as any. The 15 second strap in time is
really nice. Ski Market slapped these on my board so I spent about 40
minutes myself making step by step adjustments using the setup guide
before riding. Then after about 10 runs I tightened the toe straps one
click each and the rear straps two clicks each. Done.

Mark

CAn Breck and Keystone stay open? hr(bob) [email protected] Alpine Skiing 1 November 20th 07 06:37 PM
Flow Amp 9 Binding: Should I? [email protected] Snowboarding 13 November 21st 05 05:18 PM
flow binding size roxbury Snowboarding 1 November 14th 05 06:20 PM
Flow FL-11 and FL-110 binding Dean Snowboarding 0 March 8th 04 12:34 AM
How late in the season does Mt Bachelor usually stay open? A Guy Named Steve Alpine Skiing 1 November 29th 03 11:09 PM