ObSki: another run with flatboarding

Old June 11th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default ObSki: another run with flatboarding

"taichiskiing" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 10, 9:34 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 9, 11:55 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"taichiskiing" wrote in
message
The "turn shape" changes with different weight
distribution,
and that was covered/discussed before in line-skiing and
flatboarding.

I think you need to listen and think more. All the things I
mentioned do affect the carve turn shape. NOT just the
weight distribution.

Nevertheless, the weight distribution takes the precedence
(can't
do
without it), edging remains optional if the snow is soft
enough,

Maybe [for] you.

Then, the "technique" is valid.

If you don't mind leaving out something that significantly
improves ski control.

No ski control is needed if you have the balance.

If you prefer to ski with no control, I hope you stay away from where
I ski.

and pressure [on the skis] is only part of weight
distribution.

Clearly wrong. They are two entirely different things.

Maybe just you--wrong, what do your mean by "pressure", and
how do you generate it, and what do you use it for?

Pressure is pressure applied by the feet through the skis,
downward if you are standing upright, but obviously at various
angles when the ski is edged. Increasing pressure on an edged
ski will bow the ski more, changing the turning radius.

So you move up and down to pressure the edge? That's "part of weight
distribution."

Wrong. Weight distribution is where your weight is centered on the
ski. It can move forward or aft as you make a turn, to vary the
characteristics of the turn.

And the edge won't bow unless you "bow" (verb, action)/
press the ski, and you can't press the skis with your leg muscles,
you
have to move the weight to do it.

Wrong. You can indeed pressure the skis with your legs. Initating the
turn from a low position, you extend your legs as the turn continues
to add pressure to the skis where you want to. Doing it right can
actually add speed.

Increasing edge pressure increases
the centripetal force, and that's why the skis change the turning
radius, (which will fit my description of "angular acceleration");
however, "bowing" the skis is not the only way to increase the edge
pressure, "tipping" can achieve the same result, and again, you
cannot
"tip" the skis with the leg muscles along, you have to move your
weight, and again, that's "weight distribution."

That's called angulation, not "weight dietribution".

And it certainly was covered/discussed years before
"flatboarding" or "line-skiing" were dreamed up.

Yup, flatboarding/line-skiing may well be the lost
arts of classical skiing.

And it will remain lost until you learn to communicate with
skiers.

Not really, I have picked it up, so it is lost only in
you. Your lost.

Whatever "it" is.

"Whatever"?

Why are you hanging out here pushing your "superior"
methods on us if you aren't willing to make the effort to
actually communicate what you are talking about.

Communication is a two ways street. It doesn't appear that you are
willing to listen. As regarding my English, the evidence shows it
may
not perfect but adequate for the communication purpose; otherwise,
you
would not come back to bashing the same thing over and over.

Everyone here, and apparently everywhere else you have tried to
prostelitize your theories says exactly the same thing. You just don't
make any sense. Until you get that through your thick head, the result
will always be the same.

Many of us have tried to figure it out, but nobody has.

Maybe it's because that you don't have what it takes to figure it
out?
Have you ever thought about that?

Yes. I totally don't have what it takes to understand the meaningless
rantings of a know-it-all know nothing.
Everytime you respond in this manner convinces me more how worthless
your ideas are.
I don't know why I try to help you. You are just too stupid to get it.

Which puts you in the netkook catagory in our minds.

Calling name makes you feel "big," eh?

It's not a name. Its a type. And you fit it to a "T".

Really - if you want to convince expert skiers and
instructors, you need to learn the language of skiing. Then
make the effort to use that language to detail what it is you
do that is different than anyone else, and why it is superior.

Actually, what I try to do is the opposite, and to describe the
skiing
in common every day language instead of the skiing jargons that only
understood by a [maybe conceited] few who think that they "know-it-
all" because they know all the jargons. And Taichi Skiing is beyond
PSIA/CSIA/XSIA... languages.

You completely misuse common language, assiging your own meanings to
things, and then expect us to understand. What really is your reason
for prostelisizing here when you refuse to make sense? You are NEVER
going to convince anyone using these methods. Why waste your time?

I think it's about time for me to stop wasting my time trying to help
you. You have convinced me of one thing. Taichi skiing is BS. I've
give you plenty of chance to convince me otherwise. and you've never
even tried.

My guess is that you don't try to do this, because you are
a know-it-all kook that really has nothing to offer. Feel
free to prove me wrong - I'd be happy to see it.

To prove you are a conceited mind? Simple, even though my skiing may
have nothing to offer to you and other conceited few, but it is sure
good enough for the majority of general skiing population. Name-
calling only reflects a conceited kooky little mind yourself.

But that will take some effort on
your part to drop the attitude and actually communicate.

Continuing the negative attitude about everyone here, and
continuing to spout meaningless nonsense will prove me right.

Now you have it.

You really don't get it. Or is this just your way of having fun? Are
you just a troll? Do you really believe this crap?

I tried, I really did. I guess you are just hopeless.

Bob