active gloves

Old February 2nd 06, 12:07 PM

Default active gloves

Any suggestions for an active use glove that has a slightly tacky palm ,
wicks to outer surface, and dries quickly. Would prefer outer surface not be
fleece, some sort of snow shedding material. Temps 0f to 20f. Not really
looking for a really warm gloves , I have a different pair when stopped.

Trouble I had last year was on a multiday trip , the gloves I tried kept my
hands too moist so when pulling hand out of glove to adjust, nearly froze my
hand, and then they didn't seem to dry out so they
always seemed damp when putting on in the am.

Sid

Old February 4th 06, 12:56 AM

Cloudveil is one option, although I've never tried their gloves. Been happy
with the Serendipity jacket.

http://www.cloudveil.com/mens/c-hand...dwear/F5-8165/

-Derek

Old February 4th 06, 04:30 AM

Thanks for a direction.
Looks like what I was trying to envision.
Read good things about both Schoeller and Cloudveil. Haven't tried anything
yet.

Sid

Old February 4th 06, 01:09 PM

Mammut makes two really nice Schoeller gloves, that have all the
features you're looking for...