New Board - Help please!!!

Old January 18th 04, 04:36 PM
Jamie Watson

Default New Board - Help please!!!

Hi,

I currently have a Burton 162 - Clash - 2002 with Burton Custom bindings and
Burton ION boots. I am looking at having a bit of an upgrade, in terms of my
board and bindings, does any body have any advise? I enjoy freeriding and
riding fast! I attempt the park but want really get into riding fakey and
doing more jumps etc.. I am off to Chamonix the first two weeks in Feb and
want to do a fair bit of off piste too.. I want a board that is a general
all-rounder. I really like Burton equipment but I am tempted by flow
bindings.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

Old January 18th 04, 09:45 PM
Mighty Gof

On 18/1/04 5:36 pm, in article
, "Jamie Watson"
stubbed his toe writing:

Hi,

I currently have a Burton 162 - Clash - 2002 with Burton Custom bindings and
Burton ION boots. I am looking at having a bit of an upgrade, in terms of my
board and bindings, does any body have any advise? I enjoy freeriding and
riding fast! I attempt the park but want really get into riding fakey and
doing more jumps etc.. I am off to Chamonix the first two weeks in Feb and
want to do a fair bit of off piste too.. I want a board that is a general
all-rounder. I really like Burton equipment but I am tempted by flow
bindings.

If you like Burton the custom is cracking!
I like the Nitro Suprateam as an all rounder board as well that will rock in
freeride terrain.

As for bindings - if you don't want to break the bank go for the Mission OLS
or Mission Greed - the new toestrap is wicked - I upgraded to it last week.

I donąt like the look of flow bindings - no reason in particular tho.

If I was going into freestyle jibbing more I'd go for the dominant 159 but I
love to freeride to much for that!

You must be psyched about chamonix - hope its rocking mate!
I'm off to Morzine/Avoriaz in a few weeks....

L8ers

Gof

Old January 19th 04, 03:31 AM
toddjb

"Jamie Watson" wrote in message .
board and bindings, does any body have any advise? I enjoy freeriding and
riding fast! I attempt the park but want really get into riding fakey and
doing more jumps etc.. I am off to Chamonix the first two weeks in Feb and
want to do a fair bit of off piste too.. I want a board that is a general
all-rounder. I really like Burton equipment but I am tempted by flow

Jamie-

If you like Burton, check out the Custom, Canyon or Baron (wider ones
depending on shoe size.) If you want to look at other brands I'd highly
recommend the Ride Timeless (or Yukon for large feet). Ride Mecca looks
nice but I haven't tried it yet myself. All the ones I mentioned are
great fast responsive freeriding boards that will also be great off
jumps and into the powder.

I've heard good things about the Nitro Shadow, but steer clear of the
Saber unless your feet are huge. I rode that this weekend at a demo and
it was a pig (reminded me a lot of an old K2 Fatbob I used to have),
may be a good starter board, but had poor edge-to-edge response for my
size 11 boots.

I agree that the Mission Greed bindings are worth checking out. I demo'd
them and they were great, no strap pressure, great board response. Some
of the other Burton bindings were nice as well, I've also had good
experience with the high end Ride bindings. (SPI, Flight, etc.)

I tried the Flows and gave up on them after several tries. Some people
love them, but they just didn't work for my feet and boots. However,
every time I ran into someone at a resort who was wearing them, they
always claim that they'll never go back to regular straps so go figure.
If you like them consider the higher end PRO S line which had some nice
features. You can find them on Ebay if not in your local shop.

Good luck and have fun on your trip,
-todd

Fakie board recommendation Skitzo Snowboarding 9 May 13th 04 11:03 PM
bX "high end" board Chiono Snowboarding 3 January 12th 04 02:34 PM
Donek Wide too "fast" a board for me? Johnny1 Snowboarding 18 December 6th 03 06:19 AM
Board sizing... Brett Snowboarding 1 October 19th 03 11:07 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM