Loveland snow report

Old October 29th 03, 05:20 PM
Chuck

Sam Seiber wrote in news:3F9FF214.5BF7
@sbseiber.com:

Chuck wrote:
Top to bottom, 1000 vertical ft? We got longer trails than that in PA.
I thought those Colorady resorts were supposed to be so much bigger.

Read that again. That is 1000 VERTICAL feet. Not a run 1000 feet
long. The run is about a mile long.

We have several at Blue Mountain that are over a mile long each with
about 1100 vertical ft.

Anyway, love to hear what skiing is available TODAY in PA.

Touche'

Sam "Waiting for todays PA snow report" Seiber

I'm looking forward to them too - for real.

Old October 29th 03, 05:39 PM
Gary S.

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:09:12 CST, "Monique Y. Herman"
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 02:02 GMT, Varanasi Benares penned:
On the other hand, Loveland opened today!

It did?? Why no mention here?

http://www.skiloveland.com/

If you worked at a ski area, would you

A) update the website or
B) grab your skis and get out for the first time of the season?

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old October 29th 03, 06:03 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 18:39 GMT, Gary S. penned:
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 02:02 GMT, Varanasi Benares penned:
On the other hand, Loveland opened today!

It did?? Why no mention here?

http://www.skiloveland.com/

If you worked at a ski area, would you

A) update the website or B) grab your skis and get out for the first
time of the season?

Guess it depends on if it's my *job* to update the site =P

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Old October 29th 03, 06:16 PM
lal_truckee

wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 02:02 GMT, Varanasi Benares penned:

On the other hand, Loveland opened today!

It did?? Why no mention here?

http://www.skiloveland.com/

If you worked at a ski area, would you

A) update the website or B) grab your skis and get out for the first
time of the season?

Guess it depends on if it's my *job* to update the site =P

Well, sheeee-it. You can't very well update the site and describe the
conditions unless you try them out first, can you now?

Old October 30th 03, 02:54 PM
Chester Bullock

wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 02:02 GMT, Varanasi Benares penned:

On the other hand, Loveland opened today!

It did?? Why no mention here?

http://www.skiloveland.com/

If you worked at a ski area, would you

A) update the website or B) grab your skis and get out for the first
time of the season?

Guess it depends on if it's my *job* to update the site =P

Well, sheeee-it. You can't very well update the site and describe the
conditions unless you try them out first, can you now?

Believe me, marketeers don't like it when IT computer people tell how
the conditions really are. Go back to my Somewhat Daily Reports from
when I was at Copper and you will see why.

Patrick is not only in charge of updating the site. He is their only IT
guy, and no doubt was busy with scanning equipment, etc.

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old October 30th 03, 03:11 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:54:51 CST, Chester Bullock
wrote:

Believe me, marketeers don't like it when IT computer people tell how
the conditions really are. Go back to my Somewhat Daily Reports from
when I was at Copper and you will see why.

Patrick is not only in charge of updating the site. He is their only IT
guy, and no doubt was busy with scanning equipment, etc.

I was kidding earlier. They will not have a full-time Web person, but
a tech person with a long list of IT duties, one of which is updating
the Website.

Marketing will always decide on the content.

With some New England areas, we chuckle when they give the snow
figures, trying to figure out which snowdrift they measured.

Old October 30th 03, 11:01 PM
ant

Gary S. wrote:

With some New England areas, we chuckle when they give the snow
figures, trying to figure out which snowdrift they measured.

The one they pointed the snow gun at the previous night, that's what happens
here.

ant

Old November 3rd 03, 04:26 PM
Chuck

"Gary S." Idontwantspam@net wrote in
:

wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 02:02 GMT, Varanasi Benares penned:
On the other hand, Loveland opened today!

It did?? Why no mention here?

http://www.skiloveland.com/

If you worked at a ski area, would you

A) update the website or
B) grab your skis and get out for the first time of the season?

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Who says it has to be an either/or? You could take your 802.11b enabled
PDA with you and update the website on the way up, and stick it in your
pocket while you ski down. Gotta start thinking outside the box man!

Old November 3rd 03, 04:58 PM
MoonMan

In , Chuck typed:

wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 02:02 GMT, Varanasi Benares penned:
On the other hand, Loveland opened today!

It did?? Why no mention here?

http://www.skiloveland.com/

If you worked at a ski area, would you

A) update the website or
B) grab your skis and get out for the first time of the season?

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Who says it has to be an either/or? You could take your 802.11b
enabled PDA with you and update the website on the way up, and stick
it in your pocket while you ski down. Gotta start thinking outside
the box man!

So you want the lift company to pay for an 802.11b access point on each
pylon and probably a rf bridge back to the office?

OTOH it could mean thatyou could pretend to be at work nearly all the time

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!

www.suffolkvikings.org.uk