Option Sansalone - opinions?

Old March 21st 05, 05:24 AM
Rob

Default Option Sansalone - opinions?

Hi,

I've current got a burton custom 158 but I've been offerred an option
sansalone quite cheap. I've been looking for something a bit better suited
for jumps and the pipe and I find the custom a bit on the heavy side. The
sansalone is 155cm I think. Is it worth getting or do you think I would be
better off sticking with my burton?

Thanks

Rob

Old March 23rd 05, 07:19 PM
BraileTrail

In message , Rob writes
I've current got a burton custom 158 but I've been offerred an option
sansalone quite cheap. I've been looking for something a bit better suited
for jumps and the pipe and I find the custom a bit on the heavy side. The
sansalone is 155cm I think. Is it worth getting or do you think I would be
better off sticking with my burton?

I can't really tell you if the Sansalone is better than the Custom as I
have never ridden one, but I can tell you that the Sansalone is an
excellent board. I picked up a 161 (or is it a 162?) for a very good
price at the end of last season; had to wait a whole year to use it
though. :-(
I took it to Vail in February this year and really enjoyed riding it. It
the first board I have owned and it is so much better than any of the
rental gear I have used.

We rode all over Vail, Blue Sky Basin and the Back Bowls and I was
totally happy with my choice. The one "problem" with the board is that
the top surface scratches very easily. If you search Google groups for
the Sansalone you will find several comments saying the same thing. It's
maybe because the top sheet is black but the nose and tail edges got
really scuffed in a week! I can't imagine shat would happen in a
European lift queue.

Regards,
BraileTrail
Old March 24th 05, 07:38 PM
Rob

In message , Rob writes

--

Thanks!

Actually I discovered it's last years model and a 153 not 155. The weight
range is 50-77kg and I'm about 73 with all my gear so I'm wondering if
that's a bit close to the limit. I've noticed a lot of guys in the park seem
to have quite short boards so maybe that's ok, especially since I'm not
expecting to do any serious alpine carving stuff with it. Anyone done any
rails with this board?

Rob.

Old March 25th 05, 04:42 PM
lonerider

Rob wrote:
Actually I discovered it's last years model and a 153 not 155. The

weight
range is 50-77kg and I'm about 73 with all my gear so I'm wondering

if
that's a bit close to the limit. I've noticed a lot of guys in the

park seem
to have quite short boards so maybe that's ok, especially since I'm

not
expecting to do any serious alpine carving stuff with it. Anyone done

any
rails with this board?

Yea, since you are specifically using the board for jumps, spins, rail
and not heavy alpine carving and you are within the recommended weight
range I say you'll be fine (I ride both park/pipe AND alpine carving).
Yes a lot of park people tend to ride shorter boards because they are
easier to spin and do rail tricks with - it's true that if you know
what you are doing, you can spin on longer boards as well... but if you
are *only* going to be riding park... a little help can't hurt. The
only thing I've notice that's important for rails with a board is that
it is relatively easy to flex so you can make small adjustments as you
approach the rail at relatively slow speeds
(http://home.comcast.net/~atchang/vid...in-rainbow.AVI) and since
you are on the upper weight range, you should be able to flex the board
more readily. For alpine carving
(http://home.comcast.net/~atchang/vid...in-racecar.AVI)I
would recommend you get a longer board.

--Arvin